David Henen

Status
Not open for further replies.
..he didn’t set the world alight at Fleetwood but that was a few seasons ago. I think he could cope physically, he’s pacy and he’s really filled out. He also seems to have something about him regarding attitude but I agree that from an ability perspective he remains unconvincing.

If Unsworth does step up it’ll be interesting if any of the U23s are promoted. Both CBs are promising but probably not ready. Beningime would have to leapfrog many ahead of him and his passing ability really needs to improve. Not sure there’s a stand out with many of the more obvious ones out on loan.

He could end up proving me wrong but for now I’m filing him in the McAleny category. Agree on his build and pace but all too often I just watch him and think “what the Hell was that?”. He runs with his face pinned to the grass. Championship level max for me which isn’t bad.

He could end up proving me wrong but for now I’m filing him in the McAleny category. Agree on his build and pace but all too often I just watch him and think “what the Hell was that?”. He runs with his face pinned to the grass. Championship level max for me which isn’t bad.

..there is an assumption that if Unsworth gets the gig, even for a short while, he will promote one or two from his U23 squad but i’m not certain that there’s an obvious candidate, especially with Dowell, Walsh, Williams and Pennington elsewhere.

Do you see anybody ready to make the step up?

..there is an assumption that if Unsworth gets the gig, even for a short while, he will promote one or two from his U23 squad but i’m not certain that there’s an obvious candidate, especially with Dowell, Walsh, Williams and Pennington elsewhere.

Nope not one ready yet IMO. Especially the mess we're currently in.

How old was Colin Harvey when he stepped up and where was the first game??

How old was Colin Harvey when he stepped up and where was the first game??

..you mean his debut at San Siro I presume. I actually remember the 4-0 victory at Anfield with a few youngsters playing as well.

The point i’m making is that senior members of Unsworth U23 title winning side are on loan, so he has the lads who have stepped up plus the likes of Denis Adeniran who the club have purchased. Personally, i’m not seeing any of them bursting onto the first team scene at the moment even if there are a few that might do given time.

Indeed, I think he said at the press conference that he’ll be using the same group of players as Koeman.

..you mean his debut at San Siro I presume. I actually remember the 4-0 victory at Anfield with a few youngsters playing as well.

The point i’m making is that senior members of Unsworth U23 title winning side are on loan, so he has the lads who have stepped up plus the likes of Denis Adeniran who the club have purchased. Personally, i’m not seeing any of them bursting onto the first team scene at the moment even if there are a few that might do given time.

Indeed, I think he said at the press conference that he’ll be using the same group of players as Koeman.

But mention was made of a few U23 players and some trained today with the "first" team so their could a step up call.

You know where Harvey made his debut in the European Cup but he was just 18!! To get that nod was good, Catterick was tough manager.

I think putting young lads into the first team with the mess we are in now would be detrimental to their progress
Their is enough quality and youth in our first team squad to get us stabilised.
Granted the lack of a recognised CF will see us continue to struggle
I’ve been told Unsworth plays 4/3/3 but for the immediate future he may be better off with 4/4/2 with Rooney and DCL up top (Rooney made stay up top and not drift ) and 2 hard working wingers with one DM and one AM in the middle.
Not a great time to promote youth.
If we can beat Lyon away then the season comes alive again with EL knock out still possible
If we don’t beat Lyon then maybe give 2/3 u 23s a run out in the dead rubbers

But mention was made of a few U23 players and some trained today with the "first" team so their could a step up call.

You know where Harvey made his debut in the European Cup but he was just 18!! To get that nod was good, Catterick was tough manager.

..absolutely. I know Beningime is already training with the first team squad and I noticed Feeney with them a month or so ago. I’d be interested if anybody ‘new’ had stepped up today.

I think putting young lads into the first team with the mess we are in now would be detrimental to their progress
Their is enough quality and youth in our first team squad to get us stabilised.
Granted the lack of a recognised CF will see us continue to struggle
I’ve been told Unsworth plays 4/3/3 but for the immediate future he may be better off with 4/4/2 with Rooney and DCL up top (Rooney made stay up top and not drift ) and 2 hard working wingers with one DM and one AM in the middle.
Not a great time to promote youth.
If we can beat Lyon away then the season comes alive again with EL knock out still possible
If we don’t beat Lyon then maybe give 2/3 u 23s a run out in the dead rubbers

Good call mate, that's pretty similar to RonKoe's stuff, can't beat a bit of consistency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back