Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

David Moyes - Taking a knife to a gunfight at West Ham, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps. We had buyers interested before Christmas and the dildos priced them out.

Burnley have just been bought out too.

Aye think you'll still see smaller/lower league clubs snapped up as investment vehicles but cant see people lobbing £500 million+ on football clubs outside the established 6 for a long time certainly no investors happy to throw money around in addition to that.

Think EFC are lucky Usmanov/Moshiri sold up at Arsenal and bought into us when they did as doubt they'll have been interested in the club/new stadium project had Covid happened back then.

Aye think you'll still see smaller/lower league clubs snapped up as investment vehicles but cant see people lobbing £500 million+ on football clubs outside the established 6 for a long time certainly no investors happy to throw money around in addition to that.

Think EFC are lucky Usmanov/Moshiri sold up at Arsenal and bought into us when they did as doubt they'll have been interested in the club/new stadium project had Covid happened back then.
We are lucky the Mosh man has a lot of money to wash! lol lol :pint2:

not sure why he’d leave West Ham for Everton tbh

I posted the last time you beat us and was very complimentary. In fact I’ve been singing Everton’s praises all season. Best squad you’ve had for a long time. I just don’t think Soucej is going to join you that’s all. ;)

Theres been a few players that chose you above us...

That donkey Ogbonna and the full back you bought from the championship a couple of years ago.

Recently (ish) i think Nathan Holland joined your reserves after failing to make the grade.

The key really is that were a larger, more successful club with alot of positives at the moment.

Moyes is working miracles for you but who wouldnt want to play for Ancelotti and with James instead of Jarod Bowen and Moyes...for double the wages?

Whats your view on Declan Rice? Gets a lot of stick on here and looked lost against Tom Davies in a past game...but highly rated...

The signings of Soucek and Coufal were Moyes at his best, he's bringing the kind of rigour and eye for a bargain to West Ham that he did here, especially some of his inspired buys - the likes of Tim Cahill from Millwall comes to mind

Jarred Bowen was no secret but it took a manager to show faith in him and he's repaying it. Declan Rice had had a tough time earlier on but now has his confidence fully restored and is once again starting to look the player he was when England came calling.

All in all after nine barren years following his exit from Goodison, Moyes has found a club where he can once again build something, make them far more than the sum of their parts. It's a perfect partnership with mutual benefits, West Ham suit Moyes and he suits them, David Moyes has his mojo back.

Whats your view on Declan Rice? Gets a lot of stick on here and looked lost against Tom Davies in a past game...but highly rated...

Rice is arguably the best talent I’ve seen come through for us, up there with Rio, Carrick, Cole.

I was at that game, at Goodison, you beat us 2-0 but could/should have been 6, ripped us apart for 90 mins. In fairness to Rice he was completely overrun that game, trying to mark 3 players. He’s got help in there now and in all honesty, you could count the number of bad games he’s had for us on one hand. I don’t mind the criticism of him I’m happy for him to go under the radar.

Ps. Ogbonna is far from a donkey. Been one of the league’s better centre backs for a while and has played his way back into the Italian national team. Remember Juve originally bought him as deputy to Chiellini....

Rice is arguably the best talent I’ve seen come through for us, up there with Rio, Carrick, Cole.

I was at that game, at Goodison, you beat us 2-0 but could/should have been 6, ripped us apart for 90 mins. In fairness to Rice he was completely overrun that game, trying to mark 3 players. He’s got help in there now and in all honesty, you could count the number of bad games he’s had for us on one hand. I don’t mind the criticism of him I’m happy for him to go under the radar.

Ps. Ogbonna is far from a donkey. Been one of the league’s better centre backs for a while and has played his way back into the Italian national team. Remember Juve originally bought him as deputy to Chiellini....
Dawson and Ogbonna look solid. Stubbs and Weir mk 2.

I watched Ogbonna when he was in Italy and was really happy he chose you...utter liability.

Interesting about Rice though, doesnt seem to be dynamic? More of a steady eddie and all rounder?

Whats 'outstanding' about him?

The signings of Soucek and Coufal were Moyes at his best, he's bringing the kind of rigour and eye for a bargain to West Ham that he did here, especially some of his inspired buys - the likes of Tim Cahill from Millwall comes to mind

Jarred Bowen was no secret but it took a manager to show faith in him and he's repaying it. Declan Rice had had a tough time earlier on but now has his confidence fully restored and is once again starting to look the player he was when England came calling.

All in all after nine barren years following his exit from Goodison, Moyes has found a club where he can once again build something, make them far more than the sum of their parts. It's a perfect partnership with mutual benefits, West Ham suit Moyes and he suits them, David Moyes has his mojo back.

Moyes works best at clubs where the backs up against the wall, moneys a bit tight, there is a bit of a chip on the shoulder etc. Hes very good at that, in many ways one of the best in the business.

The issue is, can he do much beyond that? That's where his weakness comes in, going to the next level. But that shouldn't detract from his strengths.

Hes got a German name, or has a silly phrase like gegen press to describe his play though, so he will probably be overlooked as a manager compared to say Hassanhuttl.

Perhaps. We had buyers interested before Christmas and the dildos priced them out.

Burnley have just been bought out too.

Burnley have been bought out by venture capitalists though, who are leading debt onto the club.

I can see someone like that buying West Ham and other clubs, but would be very wary of it mate. I think it will end in tears at Burnley.

I have literally no idea how Moyes has come to the conclusion that he needs to disrupt his high-performing and seemingly level-headed set of players with that knob head Jlingz, I mean, Jesse Lingard. He isn't going there to sit on the bench yet he's nowhere near as good as their midfield players. Bit of a mad one this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back