Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

David Moyes - Taking a knife to a gunfight at West Ham, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ancelotti says hi
Ancelotti was crap, easy one of the worst post Moyes, 10th and 12th might be ok for you but not for me, point me in the direction of one season when he got us in the top 6? or top 8 for that matter, something Moyes did plenty of times. Besides he was a rat who bailed on us 3 months before actually telling us

Ancelotti was crap, easy one of the worst post Moyes, 10th and 12th might be ok for you but not for me, point me in the direction of one season when he got us in the top 6? or top 8 for that matter, something Moyes did plenty of times. Besides he was a rat who bailed on us 3 months before actually telling us
You said we haven't had a better manager than moyes since he left. Ancelotti is a better manager than moyes, there can be no argument about it. Just look at what he's won ffs.

Didn't Moyes do the same?

Moyes was one of the highest paid managers in the game when he was here and he should have returned a trophy given the money he was on.
Yeah he should, but even without a trophy its wrong to give him anything other then respect, especially considering what has happened since he left.
He will always be welcomed back at Goodison, or should be.

Yeah he should, but even without a trophy its wrong to give him anything other then respect, especially considering what has happened since he left.
He will always be welcomed back at Goodison, or should be.
He treated the club with utter disdain at the end though, he had a move lined up months before he left, he could have gone which would have led to us gaining a small bit of much needed compensation (not much but any would have helped due to Kenwrights complete lack of resources) then he came back with paltry offers for players which he knew we could hardly refuse due to the clubs financial situation (Thankfully although Baines maybe an RS at heart he stuck to his scouse roots and wasn't ever playing for a manc club)
You keep going on about what has happened since he has left, well what you fail to recognise(or keep leaving out on purpose) is that the league had a totally different dynamic about it back in the days of Moyes. The PL consisted of a big 4 whereas now there are 6, possibly even 7 big teams. Comparing any manager now to back then is ludicrous as it's just not the same for multiple different reasons. The same applies to your whole Kenwright vs Moshiri argument. Realistically they can't be compared as they have operated in different eras of the league under different conditions.

He treated the club with utter disdain at the end though, he had a move lined up months before he left, he could have gone which would have led to us gaining a small bit of much needed compensation
No he couldn't, he went to United who had a manager right till the final game of the season, so he couldn't of gone a day earlier and we couldn't of got a penny of compensation.
(not much but any would have helped due to Kenwrights complete lack of resources)
which makes this point impossible
then he came back with paltry offers for players which he knew we could hardly refuse due to the clubs financial situation
nothing wrong with that, did you complain about Silva going back for Richarlison?
(Thankfully although Baines maybe an RS at heart he stuck to his scouse roots and wasn't ever playing for a manc club)
We got an amazing price for Felliani, were did we come the following season without him?
You keep going on about what has happened since he has left, well what you fail to recognise(or keep leaving out on purpose) is that the league had a totally different dynamic about it back in the days of Moyes. The PL consisted of a big 4 whereas now there are 6, possibly even 7 big teams. Comparing any manager now to back then is ludicrous as it's just not the same for multiple different reasons.
the problem isn't the dynamic of the league but the way the owner has hired and fired managers and his poor recruitment, when you operate like Farhhad it doesn't matter what the dynamic of the league is like

The same applies to your whole Kenwright vs Moshiri argument. Realistically they can't be compared as they have operated in different eras of the league under different conditions.
They can't be compared becuase one has been a total disaster while the other at least had us top 6

Apart from the Cup Winners Cup in 1965 and maybe the World Cup in 1966.
This has been mentioned before about the ECWC, I think because it dosent exist now some younger dont realize it was a big honour at the time, bigger then the UEFA as you had to win something to be in it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back