Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

David Moyes - Taking a knife to a gunfight at West Ham, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have zero sympathy for Moyes, for a few reasons (besides the fact he’s filthy rich).

1.the football under him was dire. A decade of cowardly, defensive, safety first football.

2.loser mentality. He goes in to games (especially against the top six) with a ‘must not lose’ mentality, rather than a ‘must win’ mentality. The 40 odd games against the Arse, RS, Man U, Chel without an away win is the result of such a weak mentality. He focuses on how opponents can harm the team, rather how his own team can harm the opponents...Rio Ferdinand talked about this being an alien concept to Man U when he came in, bigging up Coutinho, Hazard and co and making his own players feel smaller.

3.using us as a stepping stone. The way he left was cringeworthy at best. Coming out of the tunnel smiling, waving his arms to the crowd for “my last home game at Goodison” (as he proudly stated in the match programme) as he was announced as the next United manager. I would have laughed at the cheek of the man but for the fact the crowd responded with banners, waving him off to his new job. It was him screaming “I’m better than you”, and us screaming “we are small time”...a few of us didn’t though.

Moysie can do one.

I have zero sympathy for Moyes, for a few reasons (besides the fact he’s filthy rich).

1.the football under him was dire. A decade of cowardly, defensive, safety first football.

2.loser mentality. He goes in to games (especially against the top six) with a ‘must not lose’ mentality, rather than a ‘must win’ mentality. The 40 odd games against the Arse, RS, Man U, Chel without an away win is the result of such a weak mentality. He focuses on how opponents can harm the team, rather how his own team can harm the opponents...Rio Ferdinand talked about this being an alien concept to Man U when he came in, bigging up Coutinho, Hazard and co and making his own players feel smaller.

3.using us as a stepping stone. The way he left was cringeworthy at best. Coming out of the tunnel smiling, waving his arms to the crowd for “my last home game at Goodison” (as he proudly stated in the match programme) as he was announced as the next United manager. I would have laughed at the cheek of the man but for the fact the crowd responded with banners, waving him off to his new job. It was him screaming “I’m better than you”, and us screaming “we are small time”...a few of us didn’t though.

Moysie can do one.

'Arteta's Biggest Fan' saying this. The football we produced in the middle of his reign - around 2008 - was some of the best played at this club since the 80s. He may have had a defensive attitude, and I probably would have done when being asked to generally make do and mend, but to suggest it was a decade of safety first football is madness.

Lets be frank, there was many Blues on here and other sites championing his cause when he was strongly linked with the job here in December.

Thank god for Moshiri, because if Bill had got his way we'd have been lumbered with old misery Moyes and in a relegation dogfight.

I said it as far back as when he left Sunderland that he's totally finished as a top level manager. It's a joke he's made fortunes out of the game for achieving the square root of F all.

Lets be frank, there was many Blues on here and other sites championing his cause when he was strongly linked with the job here in December.

Thank god for Moshiri, because if Bill had got his way we'd have been lumbered with old misery Moyes and in a relegation dogfight.

I said it as far back as when he left Sunderland that he's totally finished as a top level manager. It's a joke he's made fortunes out of the game for achieving the square root of F all.
Him at Sunderland was an absolute farce. Lost a lot of respect for him after that

Why have they rested all their world beaters like Anderson, Lanzini and Haller when they’re desperate for points and have had 17 days off?

Saving them all up for the RS...that is going to be one hell of a result. :oops:

I’ve said it many, many times on here: we enquired with an eighteen month deal; he said three-year or no deal; we signed Ancelotti.

No. Remember according to the Mirror he then chose West Ham. :) Gutting for all concerned at Everton.

HIs usual positive and forward looking streak led him to comment last night that goal difference could be important at the end of the season, therefore only losing by 2 was decent.
How is this man still in football at any level?? And to think some of fans wanted him back, just let that sink in for a second....
We would probably be lower than West Ham are right now.

Moyes, the serial winner, taking West Ham to the promised land of the Championship with their 60k running track stadium. Gonna be lovely to watch. No doubt he'll be off end of the season back to the depths of obscurity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back