Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

David Moyes - Taking a knife to a gunfight at West Ham, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was only saying to my mum, that it's be interesting to see those games again and how we set out against this season's performances and if our defence/ attack was set up for the current midfield - and it's absence meant it was useless except to prime those 2 parts of the team for the incomings. I actually haven't done that and frankly gave up watching them as they were so poor soon after the rs match, but maybe someone who remained viewing them could point out if that was the case or they were just abjectly miserable.

I hope if and when fans come back, we can really get behind the team, and behind players like Keane.

What Moyes has done well, is get good, experienced people around him. Irvine who's worked closely with him before. Pearce who is pretty no nonsense and well regarded there. Nolan is also well regarded there and a young manager/coach in his own right. They've also got one of the top FA coaches. It's a big management team but one which you feel is well balanced.

He's also very good in the role he's been given, which is essentially taking a terrible team destined for relegation to mid table with vurtually no money to spend. There are other limitations- it won't be pretty at times, but he is one of the best at doing that.
He’s learning from his mistakes after being hung out to dry by using in-club staff at both Sociedad and Sunderland.

Sunderland in particular sounded like a disaster, with the in-club stalwarts being of minimal help. Funnily enough, much of the coaching staff stayed at SAFC to guide them down the divisions!

West Ham close to signing Benrahma from Brentford after the Josh King one falls through.

Reading the Josh King one looks to have fallen through, so Benrahma now the only target. Moyes always operates with a target man in Antonio, with Haller in reserve and the wider midfield men in Musuaku and especially the bang in form Bowen getting up to support. Yarmalenko and Felipe Anderson are the wider men out of favour atm, so Benrahma looks a decent fit to strengthen.

They seem to be building a decent team and playing some really good counter attacking stuff atm and have done smazingly well to turn it around after a faltering start. Hammering Wolves and Leicester must have them really buzzing. Their next three continue their nightmare run but having easily won their last two, what looks tough on paper hasn't always turned out that way for them.

Very impressed with them recently, midtable at worst for me. (The next three very, very tough so may have a temporary dip)

1493023157-west-ham-hooligans.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back