Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

David Moyes - Taking a knife to a gunfight at West Ham, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange season when I'm looking at the first match today, West Ham vs Man City, and instead of just thinking how many City will win by I'm thinking I wouldn't be surprised if West Ham got something out of this or even went one better and won.

The hammers nightmare fixtures are soon ending, play the sh*te next week in the last of them but I thought they'd struggle for any points at all - a run of fixtures from hell and never ending. .

Lost away to Arsenal 2-1
Hammered Wolves 4-0
Hammered Leicester away 0-3
Drew at Spurs 3-3

City home today and away to the sh*te next week.

After this nightmare series of fixtures I thought they couldn't be anywhere else but bottom three, if not outright bottom of the table, and you couldn't even have called it below expectations if they had lost them all. Getting them all out of the way early and doing so well with at least seven points more than I thought they'd get is some achievement. Top half finish on the cards for Moyes now

It has been a strange one. I don't think City will slip up here though.

Hopefully that then forces wham to beat the RS next time out...

took pts of Spurs, Wolves, LC and MC already. gonna get us that elusive c-league spot and/or the league after all

Seems to be finally getting a foothold in a club finally. His club choices has been a disaster. He would have done well holding out for Celtic after United. He will probably turn West Ham into an establish prem team always outside European places. Best they can hope for.

Seems to be finally getting a foothold in a club finally. His club choices has been a disaster. He would have done well holding out for Celtic after United. He will probably turn West Ham into an establish prem team always outside European places. Best they can hope for.
West Ham is perfect for him, I reckon. They have a lot of potential as they have a large fanbase, rich owners (who are admittedly incompetent, but that is what Moyes is for) and progress for them is getting mid-table.

Moyes always does better as an underdog, so I would not be surprised to see them have a good cup run and end up fighting it out for top-8. In time he could do to them what he did for us.

The big key is he has been able to build his own staff this time. Irvine, Nolan and Pierce are all good coaches and big characters.

Coming back here he would have been under pressure immediately. There he was under pressure, as they were fighting relegation, but they will be delighted if he can replicate what he did here, whereas we are looking to push on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back