David Moyes

He's done really, really well at West ham but he also has sprinklings of quality that we simply possess in our squad. Players like Paqueta, Bowen, Alvarez, even Ward-Prowse. Man for man I'm struggling to think who we have who would get in their side. Pickford, Branthwaite, Calvert-Lewin maybe? But an 8-3 ratio with West Ham of all teams is pretty grim.

Moyes is a really good manager.

No idea why people beat him with the ‘knife to a gunfight’ line - he was absolutely correct. West Ham will drop like a stone once he’s gone.

He’s miles better than Dyche.

However, we need a modern progressive manager and that’s not Moyes.
He is a better manager than Dyche. I don't want to compare him with Southgate or Mourinho in a level of coaching or success, but these are all low-risk managers.

You won't see them playing attractive football no matter what teams they have. Mourinho and Moyes had success over the majority of their careers given the circumstances. Mourinho mostly short-term. Moyes showed here and in West Ham to have a long-term consistency.

I am a big David Moyes fan, could not believe Man U got rid so quickly when he was brought in for a 'long-range' project, however his time at Everton has been and gone so when we change managers it should be someone younger, with progressive ideas (but not that awful football that after 100 passes you are back where you started - on the half way line).

I am a big David Moyes fan, could not believe Man U got rid so quickly when he was brought in for a 'long-range' project, however his time at Everton has been and gone so when we change managers it should be someone younger, with progressive ideas (but not that awful football that after 100 passes you are back where you started - on the half way line).
Replacing SAF was one of the hardest jobs ever in football I think. But yeah, I think it should be a progressive manager, with some experience in a good league, doesn't have to be prem.

Moyes eh?
(Always assuming there's something for him to come back to)
Back then he used to do my crust in, couldn't wait for him to go.
The good old days of the 7th-ish trophy

tbh It's a coin toss, is he a step up from Dyche?
More than likely but not that much and he's just as dogmatic in his ways

(Dyche on a bad day)17th-12th Vs 12th-7th (Moyes on a good day)

But jeez kin Moyes again - how bad are we?

Answer; very!
Which is why :(

Loved Moyes when he first came, changed the attitude of the club and gave the team some pride again, he was young and hungry desperate to do well, we need a new Moyes, another young manager desperate for a chance and burning to succeed, last thing we need is and old beaten down manager who will have absolutely no belief that he can do a good job without money.

Not sure Moyes (or any manager, really) would be thrilled to come to this current version of Everton. The club is a mess. We would need to be set up for success to tempt him (or any top young manager), we are a long way from that.

A poor, thin and ageing squad, with no money to spend. Moyes has taken West Ham from the relegation zone to regulars in the European knockout stages. He’s also part of an elite group of managers to have won a European trophy. He won’t be short of offers if West Ham think they can do better.

Not sure Moyes (or any manager, really) would be thrilled to come to this current version of Everton. The club is a mess. We would need to be set up for success to tempt him (or any top young manager), we are a long way from that.

A poor, thin and ageing squad, with no money to spend. Moyes has taken West Ham from the relegation zone to regulars in the European knockout stages. He’s also part of an elite group of managers to have won a European trophy. He won’t be short of offers if West Ham think they can do better.
I wouldn’t want Moyes, because I think we need to go in a different direction and get a sporting team who buy the players and pick the managers. Moyes wants to do it all and I think that’s difficult these days. There
Were rumours of conflicts between him and the DOF at West Ham this summer, because Moyes wanted experience players and the DOF wanted younger players.

West Ham fans will also tell you he’s still can be defensive even with the attacking talent. He also has a debt on transfers in just over 4 years of around 300mil. That’s a lot of Money. Hes miles better than miracle worker dyche though

I wouldn’t want Moyes, because I think we need to go in a different direction and get a sporting team who buy the players and pick the managers. Moyes wants to do it all and I think that’s difficult these days. There
Were rumours of conflicts between him and the DOF at West Ham this summer, because Moyes wanted experience players and the DOF wanted younger players.

West Ham fans will also tell you he’s still can be defensive even with the attacking talent. He also has a debt on transfers in just over 4 years of around 300mil. That’s a lot of Money. Hes miles better than miracle worker dyche though

Were doers it say this is the correct way to go about things?
We have had a DOF since 2015! Thats not gone to plan!

One of the biggest reasons for managers failing seems to be given players they dont want!