Confirmed Signing Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has been posted before but it’s reported that this was an effective free transfer.

The first £10m is if he plays 20 games this season but there are only 18 games left and his cup tied.

The fee could be up to €40m but it’s based on appearances and honours won.

Of this is true it’s not often we fleece Spurs for players, assuming his not another Iwobi

Talking to my old man who is a Spurs fan. If Lampard is playing 433 he will need to play as one of the forward 3 in a fairly free role. Presumably Dom will start so it means dropping Rich or Gray to accommodate him. I think you need an option like Gray or Gordon to carry the ball so that would leave Rich. That would be a brave call for Frank to make.

As for Dele being a success it looks like a long shot to me. His best form was 2016/17 season so 5 years ago. I think physically there should be no issue but is the damage to his confidence and mentality irreparable. We will know where we stand with him by the end of the season. Personally I would not have done this deal. VDB was already a punt.

Sorry if this has been posted before but it’s reported that this was an effective free transfer.

The first £10m is if he plays 20 games this season but there are only 18 games left and his cup tied.

The fee could be up to €40m but it’s based on appearances and honours won.

Of this is true it’s not often we fleece Spurs for players, assuming his not another Iwobi

Is there any evidence to suggest it’s based on honours won? Why would Spurs agree to that, we don’t win things?

Haha yep, definitely heard that a few times! I mean once things happen or a player signs more specifically, we as fans can sometimes then just choose to see the positives in a player, which there's nothing wrong with at all as you want to support whoever signs for your club. Until a few bad performances that is and you start to not feel so forgiving :D
We are a terrible fan base for that.. Poor Tom Davis gets pelters no matter what he does

@Jimishorts lob an orange cat face on this fella for us lol

So fitting.

23009251-0BA4-491F-A443-F2B43F5A989A.jpeg

New avatar material that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back