Confirmed Signing Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
It just feels like we are never going to learn

The lad is earning somewhere in the region of £150k per week - we'll presumably hand him at least a 4 year contract. He isn't going to come here to take a pay cut. The warning signs are all there for everyone to see. He's been on the wane for a while.

If he bombs (and let's face it, given all the red flags, it's a distinct possibility), we are going to struggle to shift him and we will yet again be left saddled with a player that nobody wants to even take a punt on because he's sat on a massive contract. Spurs have that exact problem right now and we are talking about taking that problem off their hands and it making it our problem.

I can understand why Lampard might fancy his chances at getting a tune out of him, but someone at the club should be screaming "Sigurdsson, Tosun, Iwobi, Bolasie, Walcott" at the tops of their voices and trying to remind everyone how we ended up in this FFP nightmare in the first place

I just don't know what to say anymore

While I do think he's lost it...he's certainly better than those players mentioned and is only 25 years old.

But there is skill in the boy....

Worth a punt even just for a squad filler.

He had a great few seasons not long ago but he definitely has an attitude problem. I just don't see how his profile fits our current situation.

Dele Alli always comes across to me as someone who doesn't really 'love' football or has falling out of love with it. He never looks all that arsed. If we could get him back to his form in his early Spurs day, what a signing. But I have many doubts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back