2021/22 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to wonder what use Frank has him on bench for.
He hasnt came on when we have been winning to try and control the game. Hasnt came on when we arent able to break down a relegated side that had conceded in every game before that and had lost 11 on the bounce at home. And today didnt get on the pitch when we needed a bit of quality and experience to get back into a game with 10 men.
He's not unfit as keeps making the squad so in what situation does Frank see him as playing for Everton?
Mate, its all been explained pages back by those who know, Dele is far too good for a relegation scrap, he's a super star who only Frank can unleash when the time is right.
One wouldn't put Desert Orchid on Blackpool Beach for donkey rides or Lewis Hamilton and his W12 in New Brighton dogems.......

Another head scratcher of a signing.

Aside from the fact he’s been muck for more of his career than he was any good, he plays in a position that doesn’t exist in any formation we’ve played under Frank. Much as I think he is turgid, the time to play him would have been those last few games when DCL was out and Richy was struggling centrally. We didn’t.

At least VdB and El Ghazi are on loan and we can be rid of them in the summer. What are we going to do with this lump? We can either change the whole system to accommodate him, which would probably necessitate a squad overhaul we can’t afford, or just keep him on the bench, draining wages from the club.

Anyone who thinks he will “come good” is utterly deluded and you can feel free to vault me on that.

Aside from the fact he’s been muck for more of his career than he was any good, he plays in a position that doesn’t exist in any formation we’ve played under Frank. Much as I think he is turgid, the time to play him would have been those last few games when DCL was out and Richy was struggling centrally. We didn’t.

At least VdB and El Ghazi are on loan and we can be rid of them in the summer. What are we going to do with this lump? We can either change the whole system to accommodate him, which would probably necessitate a squad overhaul we can’t afford, or just keep him on the bench, draining wages from the club.

Anyone who thinks he will “come good” is utterly deluded and you can feel free to vault me on that.
Agree 100% the player is finished, totally not interested in football

Technically we can shift him as we haven’t paid Spurs a fee

Technically we can shift him as we haven’t paid Spurs a fee
I get that, mate. Hard to believe anyone will take him, though. It’s the exact same position we’ve found ourselves in so many times in recent years and we point blank refuse to learn.

Player struggles at club. Everton sign him hoping he can rediscover his form. He does not. Having failed at one club, and then at the circus that is Everton, every other right-thinking owner/manager/DoF realised he is not, in fact, worth a punt, leaving him to see out his contract at Everton.

We are set up to be ridged and difficult to find space against. This is to simply try and get us points and over the line.
Whilst I some what agree with this approach, certain games this season we should have just went for it. Ali behind DCL with Richie out wide. Watford being the example and even today.

If we stay up I’m sure Frank will work on a system and formation over pre season that has Ali in the starting 11.

We are set up to be ridged and difficult to find space against. This is to simply try and get us points and over the line.
Whilst I some what agree with this approach, certain games this season we should have just went for it. Ali behind DCL with Richie out wide. Watford being the example and even today.

If we stay up I’m sure Frank will work on a system and formation over pre season that has Ali in the starting 11.

Risky strategy considering we'd probably need a perfect summer to avoid another relegation battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.