2021/22 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got him for no initial fee because he no longer fitted the system at Spurs, they needed the wages for kulesevski and bentacur (this ultimately got them 4th!) and we couldn't afford him otherwise. We are still potentially liable for 40million for him, so they haven't given him away.

We are talking about a 2 time premier league young player of the year, so his quality is not in doubt. His application is though and that is up to Lampard and the team.

I am more worried about what Bill has promised Spurs in return as this clearly is a favour to us. Probably Richy or Pickford for buttons....
Isn’t the 40m based on something ridiculous like us winning the league.

Of course not, why would Daniel Levy insert such a clause?

I would imagine the majority is based on appearances.

10m per 20 games would be my guess.
My take was that Levy agreed to the deal so he could say he got Alli off the books for a fee of upto £40m and he could keep his hard bargaining image. In reality our transfer deals were likely under heavy scrutiny so needed to be moderate.

Tbf, I have no evidence to back up this claim.

I’d keep him. Quality wise he’s one of our best players and a game changer on his day. The question will always be ‘how much does he want it’. At times at Spurs he was unplayable.

Of course not, why would Daniel Levy insert such a clause?

I would imagine the majority is based on appearances.

10m per 20 games would be my guess.

I think the games thing goes incrementally up.

10m 20 games 10m another 40 games.

Read they have a 25% sell on clause, which will be valued at probably 10m.

I suspect the other 10m are probably based on European qualification, trophies etc.

Levy would have signed up, on the basis that his wages are taken off.

Status
Not open for further replies.