2021/22 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the montage of Deli Ali's play against Palace on the officual website. Didn't se him do anything to get excited about - a few 10 yard sideways passes to a teammate in space (which, admittedly is more than some of them can do) and getting foued a bit. Need to get rid. Also on that montage were a couple of occasions when he passed to Gordon. Once for Gordon to put a cross in - which was inevitiby cut out by the first defender - and once to give Gordon a chance for a right footed shot, but his mis-control was so poor he had to run 2 yards to his left to retrieve the ball and the half chance was gone. Another one who's not good enough.
He did play well, but it's definitely being overblown.

Not much else to talk about at the moment, though, so get ready for it to be Roy Keane vs Juventus by the time the new season starts.

Just watched Calvert Lewins goal again. Dele stands on the edge of the area and blocks off a Palace defender just for half a second. He's the defender that Dominic beats to the cross. Basketball players do this as they set up a screen to give their players space. Very clever.

The pair tried it again Sunday against Arsenal from a similar set piece. You could see them whispering to each other before the ball was crossed. Didn’t work to the same effect, obviously. Handy little play though as it’s never going to warrant a call going the other way

I don't really agree. he's only had limited time on the pitch, so you can't say he's only up for it when he feels like it. When he's had at least 20 mins or so, he's shown he's done fine.
I agree he's had very limited time, but when he was subbed on against palace he wanted to get to work straight off the bat and was energised; big game, big atmosphere, high stakes - equals motivated, conversely for me he's looked lethargic and laboured in most other apps for us.

There's a reason we got him for no initial fee

High risk high reward signing, sort his head out and get the fire burning he will be quality, fail and he'll be useless maybe even worse detrimental in the dressing room

I agree he's had very limited time, but when he was subbed on against palace he wanted to get to work straight off the bat and was energised; big game, big atmosphere, high stakes - equals motivated, conversely for me he's looked lethargic and laboured in most other apps for us.

There's a reason we got him for no initial fee

High risk high reward signing, sort his head out and get the fire burning he will be quality, fail and he'll be useless maybe even worse detrimental in the dressing room
We got him for no initial fee because he no longer fitted the system at Spurs, they needed the wages for kulesevski and bentacur (this ultimately got them 4th!) and we couldn't afford him otherwise. We are still potentially liable for 40million for him, so they haven't given him away.

We are talking about a 2 time premier league young player of the year, so his quality is not in doubt. His application is though and that is up to Lampard and the team.

I am more worried about what Bill has promised Spurs in return as this clearly is a favour to us. Probably Richy or Pickford for buttons....

We got him for no initial fee because he no longer fitted the system at Spurs, they needed the wages for kulesevski and bentacur (this ultimately got them 4th!) and we couldn't afford him otherwise. We are still potentially liable for 40million for him, so they haven't given him away.

We are talking about a 2 time premier league young player of the year, so his quality is not in doubt. His application is though and that is up to Lampard and the team.

I am more worried about what Bill has promised Spurs in return as this clearly is a favour to us. Probably Richy or Pickford for buttons....
Not Richarlison, he'll have better opportunities interested in him, also Spurs are keeping Kuluveski and aren't replacing Kane and Son. If I recall correctly Lloris recently signed an extension

I saw the montage of Deli Ali's play against Palace on the officual website. Didn't se him do anything to get excited about - a few 10 yard sideways passes to a teammate in space (which, admittedly is more than some of them can do) and getting foued a bit. Need to get rid. Also on that montage were a couple of occasions when he passed to Gordon. Once for Gordon to put a cross in - which was inevitiby cut out by the first defender - and once to give Gordon a chance for a right footed shot, but his mis-control was so poor he had to run 2 yards to his left to retrieve the ball and the half chance was gone. Another one who's not good enough.
Ah yes, judging a player's performance off a 40 second montage.

Quality stuff ??

Honestly, I want him to do well. But at this stage, I feel moving him on will be what's best for the club. I am certain he is on really high wage.

It's no surprise we have not seen much of him. If some reports are true, the coaches were shock by his poor fitness level. We've seen flashes of brilliance from him and I believe he is an intelligent player. I think his style is different, which could offer something different when the team is out of ideas. But if moving him on, can bring in better, younger and hungrier players - then I believe the best option is to try to sell him.

Just the massive fee! Would want a first team starter for every game paying out that much money(I’m still not sure how amount is paid to be honest with clauses etc) but potential £40mill I’d want a Bissouma

Prevented using one number ten.
Get this one in.
Play Iwobi central and finally see something like a player.

Everton gold!
And now we're getting giddy over Eriksen.
Did the Klaasen summer teach us nothing?
Where are we playing all these advanced midfielders?
We can't cope without a spoiler and a bruiser in the middle supporting the 10/acm.
It's time to start learning. Please.

Didn't think of it that way mate but it makes sense, hopefully it wasn't a chess move from spurs

That is what concerns me, would it be like getting another Siggy ? We need a player who is committed to playing full time not part time add to that the transfer fee and what are his wage demands. Last 2/3 seasons of him at Spurs have shown there are doubts about his application.

Status
Not open for further replies.