2021/22 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing with Dele is that he's not any random player. He's kind of a very specific number 10 type, or a 'trequartista'. He isn't a striker, and isn't a CM, and works best when he's able to make runs from deep in tandem with another player.

So far he's had a few cameos in a broken team that's been on its arse. Before that, he was arguably in a few formats of a broken spurs team playing counter-attack. Neither of which are particularly good environments for him. Hopefully Frank will sort out the team and playing style and he'll suddenly click. Lots of players are like this, and they're just not suited to certain types of play.

The situation is like the last England competition he was in where I think Southgate put him in as a DM and he looked completely lost, having been magic beforehand. Not all managers are willing to have that kind of 'chaos/free' role type player, and Conte certainly is one where he seems to like players to play from a script that he writes, as opposed to your Pochettino system where he wants players to take more responsibility for that themselves (which leads to Neymar, Messi, and Mbappe deciding they'll have tea parties on the half way line when they don't have the ball).
Listen mate... I do mind having a back and forth with you but keeps your replies to me no longer than a paragraph.

Am usually hung over and don't want to read War and Peace... But for the sake of this.. Yes I agree with your above post.

Interesting in the athletic that they stated that Lampard wanted to see more from him in training, which was a big reason he didn’t play so much. If he doesn’t turn it around here he’ll end up retiring by age 28 or something, just doesn’t seem to have the love/right mentality for it anymore. Hope he turns it around as he’s got obvious quality.

Top player Delle, He just seems the type of player that doesn't think it's the be all and end all of his life. With that new woman he has... I frankly don't blame him. I recon Frank's belief and support will reinvigorate him however, Its supposed to be fun playing football after all and I don't think he was feeling it when Poch left.
Well I hope so anyway, He is a top top drawer player when he feels it.

Top player Delle, He just seems the type of player that doesn't think it's the be all and end all of his life. With that new woman he has... I frankly don't blame him. I recon Frank's belief and support will reinvigorate him however, Its supposed to be fun playing football after all and I don't think he was feeling it when Poch left.
Well I hope so anyway, He is a top top drawer player when he feels it.

Hes one of those mercurial characters, like Cantona and Paul McGrath, were you need to provide an environment and a specific managerial approach to get the best out of him to my mind. Not saying he gets a free pass, but i think hes a specific type of personality and he has to be comfortable, happy feels like he belongs and is supported to thrive.

Hes one of those mercurial characters, like Cantona and Paul McGrath, were you need to provide an environment and a specific managerial approach to get the best out of him to my mind. Not saying he gets a free pass, but i think hes a specific type of personality and he has to be comfortable, happy feels like he belongs and is supported to thrive.
Yes mate, great minds and all that.
Let's hope so anyway, I'm refusing point blank to be negative about anyone for next season, We had a torrid time last and if we can't ever feel positive before a ball has been kicked.....what's the sodding point.

Like James.

But the park end dars won't like that

Yes mate, great minds and all that.
Let's hope so anyway, I'm refusing point blank to be negative about anyone for next season, We had a torrid time last and if we can't ever feel positive before a ball has been kicked.....what's the sodding point.

What bodes well is i was looking at the squad earlier and there was a good few on my like to move out list, that i dont mind staying now after improving in the New Year - my conclusion is the manager has the ability to get the best out of lads, that what you want a manager who will improve and get the best out of the of what we have available. That bodes well for our hopes with Dele.

From what ive seen to this point, hes not giving him a free ride - another manager would have just thrown him in because of the high ceiling and profile, which i think was the intention in Jan. But the manager is making him earn it at the same time, hes giving him opportunities, Dele to my mind is responding, he was a catalyst against Palace to change the momentum. Its been good management. He has a whole blank canvass of a season ahead of him, to really kick on and become key - its a massive opportunity for him and us to make us stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back