2022/23 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm happy for him that he has chosen to come out and be vocal about his struggles. Maybe this will provide a real platform to turn his life around. I really hope it does. I hope he has shown up committed to football. If he has, I hope that Dyche gives him a chance at redemption. If he is able to regain his form, he could be a huge asset for us next year. I think we all quickly forget that we did see one or two flashes in the run in under Lampard.
I don't think he chose to come out, the newspapers were going to do an expose and he pre-empted it.

People worried about the financial side of this , I'm not but I understand why they are.
There's 3 games before the window closes , I think we should use them if he shows up well in training to earn a spot.
We'd have a better idea to keep him on playing or find a club for him.

I think the lad deserves that chance tbh.
He deserves a chance like all of the lads. It’s brave to come out and admit something horrible like this, so in a way it explains your past actions and shows that you are trying your best to get to a better place. But he needs to come out swinging the same as Cannon or whoever is trying to make an impression

our team cannot afford more bad press, we cannot sell him and not look like assholes
While I would love us to help him get back. I just can't see us being able to afford to pay Spurs £10 million. But it wouldn't be right to just leave him in the back ground not playing him, just because it won't help him. Maybe we could do a deal with spurs? I think he'll still leave though.

The problem isn't going to be his fitness. It's his mind and particularly how it works when he is alone and no-one is watching.
He has some demons and needs professional help to equip himself with the right tools to try and deal with it.
It's a long road and his mental health needs to come before anything else.
Playing footy maybe a release from that inner turmoil so all we can do is wish him well and offer him support if he takes the field...no matter who for.

Just watched it, the lad was reasonably honest, but its hard to express whats inside his mind.

It sounds like hes in a much better place, be good if he could get his career back on track, but it doesnt sound like it will be here, regardless, hes a human being, seems a nice enough lad, so I only wish him the best.

I couldnt care less how much money this football club pays him each week, its not my concern, its not like we look after our money anyway.

Good luck Dele.

The problem isn't going to be his fitness. It's his mind and particularly how it works when he is alone and no-one is watching.
He has some demons and needs professional help to equip himself with the right tools to try and deal with it.
It's a long road and his mental health needs to come before anything else.
Playing footy maybe a release from that inner turmoil so all we can do is wish him well and offer him support if he takes the field...no matter who for.
Eh? I guess from that comment that you haven’t actually watched the interval. Watch it, listen to what he says about the professional help he has received , where he‘s been and where he believes he is now, then make up your mind.

Except if he plays we cant actually afford the payments.
I any normal environment those payments surely would have already been accrued as a liability on the books.
after watching the interview I am sure everyone would love there to be a positive outcome here at Everton, but the most important thing is that his rehab works, sticks and his life gets back on track. Playing performances or money are really a secondary issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back