2022/23 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we will sell him on a permanent contract with a buy back option. I assume once he makes the move and we pay Spurs their 25% that ends the contract. When we resign him next year for a minimal agreed fee, say £5m, we no longer have the £40m transfer fee dangling over our head. In the meantime, Deli gets a season of football to get back up to speed.

Ive seen enough in glimpses to see he still has something, and i dont buy the theory that he is finished. But what he currently offers is not worth the tens of millions we will have to pay to get him in the side regularly.

If we had any sense, thats the sort of deal we should be looking to do.

Maybe we will sell him on a permanent contract with a buy back option. I assume once he makes the move and we pay Spurs their 25% that ends the contract. When we resign him next year for a minimal agreed fee, say £5m, we no longer have the £40m transfer fee dangling over our head. In the meantime, Deli gets a season of football to get back up to speed.

Ive seen enough in glimpses to see he still has something, and i dont buy the theory that he is finished. But what he currently offers is not worth the tens of millions we will have to pay to get him in the side regularly.

If we had any sense, thats the sort of deal we should be looking to do.
This is where your entire reasoning fell apart toffee chum.

Imagine having a job where you're paid monstrous wages and you don't have to do anything and then having other companies throw more work your way on silly money and you still don't have to do anything.

I've not got two pennies to rub together and some of these footballers get the world for nothing

Imagine having a job where you're paid monstrous wages and you don't have to do anything and then having other companies throw more work your way on silly money and you still don't have to do anything.

I've not got two pennies to rub together and some of these footballers get the world for nothing
Get better at football?

1.9m a year, which works out at what, 35/36k a week. So would be a huge pay cut. Think it would depend on what the option fee is. Anything more than a couple of mil and they will definitely be sending him back.
I think the tax situation there skews the salary standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.