2022/23 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine caring for a moment what Sky Sports thinks about Everton

Good luck Dele. I’ve never sorted out whether drugs made you bad or stopping drugs made you bad.

Let’s have it right, he would of played more if the problem wasn’t for every 20 games he plays we pay Spurs 10m. Whoever actually sounded that deal out needs shooting. Basically it meant he could never start nor have a good run in the team. From what I saw of him I actually liked. The chasing and cross for Richy’s equaliser against Leicester. The block for Dom’s header vs Palace. I think he showed heart and fight but he wasn’t never given a proper chance due to the stupid deal. The deal should of been something in our favour like:

After 50 games we pay 10m
If we win the FA cup and he’s in the squad we pay 10m
Etc etc etc

Stupid deal.

Take away everything else that's going on and this would actually be a cracking bit of business from Thelwell. Instead of paying Spurs £10m we instead only have to give them £2 or 3m of Besiktas' fee, with his wages off the books as well.

It was always a very ill-thought out signing but given the state we were in I don't blame the club for taking a punt, he was basically free at that moment. Had he come in and proved the difference in just 3 or 4 games that would have been enough to get us clear of relegation. In the end he only made the difference against Palace, but that was THE game.

No ill-will towards him, just real sadness that a player with all that talent has basically let it all go to waste.

Such a waste of talent. Front and centre with England in Russia 2018, under Pochettino at Spuds he was on fire for about 3 seasons. Now look at him. Feel a bit for him. Clearly something wrong, maybe too much, too young ?

Such a waste of talent. Front and centre with England in Russia 2018, under Pochettino at Spuds he was on fire for about 3 seasons. Now look at him. Feel a bit for him. Clearly something wrong, maybe too much, too young ?

Personally think the World Cup was the start of the downfall, he was woeful in the tournament but I blame Southgate for playing him in central midfield more than anything.

Permanent deal of 8 mil, could get us close to Diaz money, then any Gordon money could be used for Terrier and Sarr

Status
Not open for further replies.