2022/23 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he should maybe have started, but then he was absolutely rubbish when he came on, so I don't know where we go from here.

I just think he's a very ineffective footballer these days. The manager clearly doesn't rate him so get someone else the manager actually wants. Why pay money for someone so poor who the manager clearly doesn't want to use.

Thing is with a player like Alli, to get anything out of him, he'd have to be at the centrepiece of our entire team and he just hasn't got the form and confidence for it.

A conundrum.

You can't build a team around someone who struggles to get involved in the game. I'm now at the point where I don't even think it's an attitude problem. He just can't perform like he did in those initial years at Spurs. Can't even remember him having a bad injury which would help to explain it.

Many fans want to see us as a big club again. Big clubs are ruthless and lack sentiment. We all know what needs to happen in this particular case. Will be a very good indicator of where we stand under this manager and ownership.

Many fans want to see us as a big club again. Big clubs are ruthless and lack sentiment. We all know what needs to happen in this particular case. Will be a very good indicator of where we stand under this manager and ownership.

Can't see anyone taking him off our hands mate certainly not on the wages he's on.

How many years on his deal ?

Im more then happy to give the lid the season mate. Im not writing him off at all.

You can't build a team around someone who struggles to get involved in the game. I'm now at the point where I don't even think it's an attitude problem. He just can't perform like he did in those initial years at Spurs. Can't even remember him having a bad injury which would help to explain it.
No, you would build a team around him in order to get him in the game is my point.

Still early for him. Was in the right place for a chance but didn't pull the trigger fast enough. Suggests he's lacking sharpness. Might turn the corner if he can apply himself.

Levy knew what he was doing.

How many appearances has he made now?

We can only hope he wants a move to the Middle East or somewhere like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.