2023/24 Dele

Big take home here, is we're clearly skint this summer.

Free agents, new contracts and loans.

Also the article is a bit presumptive given our circumstances about meeting his ambition of "wanting to stay in the top flight".
Truth is there are so many moving parts to our situation come the summer that’s it’s right to explore every possible option for every possible scenario. That probably also includes the very outside chance we could get a transfer ban on charge 2.

There is no harm really in discussing what a deal for Dele would look like so we know what that option would involve. It’s just planning.

Truth is there are so many moving parts to our situation come the summer that’s it’s right to explore every possible option for every possible scenario. That probably also includes the very outside chance we could get a transfer ban on charge 2.

There is no harm really in discussing what a deal for Dele would look like so we know what that option would involve. It’s just planning.

Agree mate, id back the manager if he did it, i dont think hes one to suffer fools easy and he will clearly seen something.

Dele aint walking into this team unless he earns it and any deal will be performance based.

There should be a a no talk of retaining him past this season. It's staggered that people are still making arguments for it - he's finished!

I'm not saying I would by any stretch. But if were a massively reduced salary then we'd still be reducing the wage bill.

Not sure if there would need to be any fee due to Spurs like... I;ve literally no idea the terms we signed him on.

The closer we get to the end of the season, the easier it will be to renegotiate with Spurs on the terms of our deal with them. It's no longer a case where they can gamble and see if they can get money from the original deal. It's now a choice between potentially getting something and definitely getting nothing. I think that's been the choice for them for a long time now, but the injuries have just ensured it.

IF we could get a favourable deal with them and IF we could get him on very low basic wages (which is pretty likely tbf - his next deal with anyone isn't going to be anywhere near his current one) and IF we have some genuine reason to think he can get back to even 60% of his previous form then he could have some sort of role.

But all those three things 100% HAVE to happen for there to be any possibility.
If he reaches the end of his contract, becomes a free agent for 12 seconds and then we sign him on a new contract, Spurs would have no involvement whatsoever and nothing to renegotiate.

He’s our player now with his original purchase fee contingent and variable based on certain conditions (I.e. games played). Their only involvement is wondering whether we play him this season triggering an increase in the fee. The moment his contract ends, the original transfer fee is determined and fixed forever as he can’t play any more games for us as he isn’t our player, or anyones player. All of Spurs involvement ends. No-one has any call on an un-contracted human.

That said, anfter the current contract lapses and not before, offer him pay as you play for 1 year, no signing fee, with a first dibs option to extend to a proper contract the following season if we wish.

If we signed Dele on a new deal we would have to pay Spurs a fee as part of the ending contract. Exactly the type of deal that has us hamstrung financially. Time to put that money towards a performed from the Championship.
If he becomes a legitimate free agent I can’t imagine how Spurs would be due anything.
If we somehow enter a pre contract to extend (or simply extend it) that may very well change the position.
Wouldn’t be at all surprised if there was a clause in the original deal related to extending his contract, but I would guess that might only apply while ‘in contract’

Yes there is, It's Dele mate, he will get fit play 2 games then be out again for 3 months. He was a huge talent back in the day but sadly he is just a crock now and we can ill afford another one of those stinking the place out. This summer is a chance to move on the big earners who have caused this club trauma in recent years, let's just take it!!

It will depend on the terms of the deal we made to sign him. I dont think we know if we can extend him like a signing of a normal free agent without having to pay a fee
I read that Spurs had written into the deal that if no clauses were paid but we extended or oddered him a new contract that we would then have to pay a fee. I don't know what the fee is though. Another case of Daniel Levy fisting us. Why can't we have a CEO as ruthless as him.

Agree mate, id back the manager if he did it, i dont think hes one to suffer fools easy and he will clearly seen something.

Dele aint walking into this team unless he earns it and any deal will be performance based.
Yeah, Dyche has been very positive about him behind the scenes and Dyche wouldn’t flannel for the sake of it.

For all the speculation on twitter and internet forums the people in the building know the truth about his attitude and his physical and mental health.

If he was coming out of contract elsewhere there would be too many unknowns to even consider signing him but it’s a different story when he’s already here and we work with him every day.

As always though, depends on the deal.

If he reaches the end of his contract, becomes a free agent for 12 seconds and then we sign him on a new contract, Spurs would have no involvement whatsoever and nothing to renegotiate.

He’s our player now with his original purchase fee contingent and variable based on certain conditions (I.e. games played). Their only involvement is wondering whether we play him this season triggering an increase in the fee. The moment his contract ends, the original transfer fee is determined and fixed forever as he can’t play any more games for us as he isn’t our player, or anyones player. All of Spurs involvement ends. No-one has any call on an un-contracted human.

That said, anfter the current contract lapses and not before, offer him pay as you play for 1 year, no signing fee, with a first dibs option to extend to a proper contract the following season if we wish.
I'm afraid that simply isn't true

Yeah, Dyche has been very positive about him behind the scenes and Dyche wouldn’t flannel for the sake of it.

For all the speculation on twitter and internet forums the people in the building know the truth about his attitude and his physical and mental health.

If he was coming out of contract elsewhere there would be too many unknowns to even consider signing him but it’s a different story when he’s already here and we work with him every day.

As always though, depends on the deal.

The bit i don't understand mate - is if he becomes a free agent say on the 30th of June and he signs a contact extension - then we could owe Spurs a fee - that seems a bit murky to me.........id be questioning the legality around that, employment restriction, rights to ply trade etc.

I read that Spurs had written into the deal that if no clauses were paid but we extended or oddered him a new contract that we would then have to pay a fee. I don't know what the fee is though. Another case of Daniel Levy fisting us. Why can't we have a CEO as ruthless as him.
Our fans would have a CEO like him out in no time, we don’t have the patience. We would be going mad at missing out on deals because he stuck to a price and wouldn’t budge.