2023/24 Dele

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this stage; he's not going to cost us a penny to play him (to Spurs), his wages will be significantly lower than his previous 18 months.

Worth a roll of the dice, what's the worst that happens?

If it goes well it's a massive bonus to us, even if it's highly unlikely.

I’m not sure about this, all reports suggest we’ve renegotiated the terms of the deal but nowhere have I seen that they’ve waived all fees we owe them.

I’m not sure about this, all reports suggest we’ve renegotiated the terms of the deal but nowhere have I seen that they’ve waived all fees we owe them.

I thought I'd read, on more than one occasion that we'd negotiated it so it was heavily Spurs incentivised should we sell him.

Spurs would have gained nothing had he left, so I'm still seeing optimistic that should he re-sign, it wouldn't be a money bleeding exercise by the club.

At this stage; he's not going to cost us a penny to play him (to Spurs), his wages will be significantly lower than his previous 18 months.

You could have said it was worth a roll of the dice when we signed him from Spurs.
The worst that can happen would be a repeat of the last 2 and a half years where we pay a fortune in wages and he dosen`t play.

I genuinely feel for the lad, think certain people at the club do too (including Dyche), think us sticking by him is more a product of that and the message it sends both to players and the wider audience about the spirit underpinning the club.

Cynical me also realises that it's very good PR (see the above), doubt people as seasoned as Dyche, Thelwell eyc 'really' believe he can ever get back to anything remotely close to the 21-22yo Dele.

Overall can't criticise us for doing it, at some point the human element has to have a place in the club otherwise it's just about money.

I genuinely feel for the lad, think certain people at the club do too (including Dyche), think us sticking by him is more a product of that and the message it sends both to players and the wider audience about the spirit underpinning the club.

Cynical me also realises that it's very good PR (see the above), doubt people as seasoned as Dyche, Thelwell eyc 'really' believe he can ever get back to anything remotely close to the 21-22yo Dele.

Overall can't criticise us for doing it, at some point the human element has to have a place in the club otherwise it's just about money.

The thing is, he doesn't even have to get back to 21/22 Deli to be good for us. He was one of the best players in the league, very much comparable to Harry Kane. Like we would all take a 75% Harry Kane now wouldn't we?

Or the comparison I made was Foden. Imagine if you could get 75% of Foden. Again he would walk into our team.

I'm not saying we should buy him, I'm quite conflicted on it. It doesn't really fit the new approach well. He's a lot older than 25 now, and look he has to be considered injury prone. If he stays as playing elsewhere and we were linked, I'd be very against it.

I can also see some positives, and do have some faith in Dyche on this though. For all his faults, he's not one to suffer fools.

We’re abysmal with money so we may as well be good people people.

Why on earth are they continuing to waste time, money and energy in this pointless project?

As I said I’m suspicious about the original deal we signed. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if there was something written into it preventing us releasing him on a free. I think Spurs are probably entitled to money off us.

Not again, just still recovering from his first injury.

He’s been injured since he returned from Besiktas 18 months ago. Why do we still not know what this injury was? Was it an ACL? I’m struggling to think of an injury that would keep a player out for this long. If it was such a serious injury we should’ve been made aware of it.

He’s been injured since he returned from Besiktas 18 months ago. Why do we still not know what this injury was? Was it an ACL? I’m struggling to think of an injury that would keep a player out for this long. If it was such a serious injury we should’ve been made aware of it.

Groin surgery last Summer I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back