2023/24 Dele

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s been injured since he returned from Besiktas 18 months ago. Why do we still not know what this injury was? Was it an ACL? I’m struggling to think of an injury that would keep a player out for this long. If it was such a serious injury we should’ve been made aware of it.
I think, and completely my own opinion, that he was injured initially then may have had some sort of mental breakdown given the interview he done, which is why he’s been out so long

We’re abysmal with money so we may as well be good people people.

Ultimately mate yes, and it does have it's own benefits especially if you're dealing with getting in academy players or players managed by family etc, shows an attitude if caring about the person over just a cynical transaction.

As I said I’m suspicious about the original deal we signed. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if there was something written into it preventing us releasing him on a free. I think Spurs are probably entitled to money off us.

It would be illegal mate to sell a player and write in the deal that after his contract he can't be allowed to leave for free

Why on earth are they continuing to waste time, money and energy in this pointless project?

I remember Gary Speed mate, if the club wants to try to help out Dele and they believe the best way is to have him still around the club even if it means giving him a token playing contract then I'm not gonna slate them for it. Not sure why some are looking past a very clear indication this is about more than him playing for us again

I think the lad just wants to fit in somewhere and this may be the place.

Abused as a kid, mother with alcohol issues, sometimes it’s nice to be kind and if we can help him maybe even a benefit for us will be had.

I think Mourinho handled him badly (not meaning to hurt the lad) and he spiralled from there.

I think the lad just wants to fit in somewhere and this may be the place.

Abused as a kid, mother with alcohol issues, sometimes it’s nice to be kind and if we can help him maybe even a benefit for us will be had.

I think Mourinho handled him badly (not meaning to hurt the lad) and he spiralled from there.

Wouldn't stick it all on Mourinho, but he was one of many factors that came together - the perfect storm so to speak.

Given just how much we've wasted on utter nonsense over the years, 'wasting' a very small amount in relative terms, I can live with giving it's possible benefits to the lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back