2023/24 Dele

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't stick it all on Mourinho, but he was one of many factors that came together - the perfect storm so to speak.

Given just how much we've wasted on utter nonsense over the years, 'wasting' a very small amount in relative terms, I can live with giving it's possible benefits to the lad.

We have wasted a fair bit on wages, but in all fairness no fee. That's not really how fault though. He was offered the deal and went.

Re Mourinho, you can see he wants to deal with "winners". When you boil down what a winner is, it's often someone with lots of resilience, self belief, high esteem etc. A very firm foundation. Dele for many reasons clearly doesn't have that, and from experience in business if you try and instill that into people and they don't have those foundations, they just collapse.

Mourinho was probably trying to do the right thing, but it just didn't connect with someone like Dele.

Must be on his way out as no mention of him for a couple of weeks, in fact since Ireland. Strange as clearly the club did invite him to Ireland and went through I am sure painful negotiations with spurs to see if we could extend at pretty much zero cost...

Must be on his way out as no mention of him for a couple of weeks, in fact since Ireland. Strange as clearly the club did invite him to Ireland and went through I am sure painful negotiations with spurs to see if we could extend at pretty much zero cost...
Or they're just trying to temper expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back