2023/24 Dele

Status
Not open for further replies.

-172.webp

Is that legally allowed?

If so, you are a genius!
It's not worth the risk though, yes he has talent but he is a high injury risk and on big wages, we must move away from these types. It's like Doucoure getting another extension, it's risky. I understand why we have done it as his profile is important to the way we play but he is of an age where if his legs were to go (they could do at any moment) then we are yet again stuck with another aging player on high wages with little to offer as he is all about his running.

It's not worth the risk though, yes he has talent but he is a high injury risk and on big wages, we must move away from these types. It's like Doucoure getting another extension, it's risky. I understand why we have done it as his profile is important to the way we play but he is of an age where if his legs were to go (they could do at any moment) then we are yet again stuck with another aging player on high wages with little to offer as he is all about his running.

They'd know better than any club the risk involved.

You can manage/mitigate the level of risk - 1 year deal on the right wage (% appearance based) with club retaining option to extend etc.

That's if the club believe he has it in him to play at the highest level again and it's against a backdrop of understanding we don't have much to spend at all.

Either way, Dele is here until the summer unless he's moved elsewhere.

They'd know better than any club the risk involved.

You can manage/mitigate the level of risk - 1 year deal on the right wage (% appearance based) with club retaining option to extend etc.

That's if the club believe he has it in him to play at the highest level again and it's against a backdrop of understanding we don't have much to spend at all.

Either way, Dele is here until the summer unless he's moved elsewhere.
We are going to have to find some money from somewhere next summer as we could be in a situation where we end up with about 14/15 players. Even if it means sacrificing an Onana or a Branthwaite or both for the long term good of the squad, this is where having a proper recruitment plan comes into place. As for Dele he is here till the summer and if we can use him the great but I wouldn't be doing anything beyond that.

I honestly do think if he had the time to work with him long term and a free hand game-wise to break him back in slowly Dyche would be the man to nurse him back towards his best. He is a very good man manager.

The problem though isn't just the situation with Spurs but also the fact his contract expires next summer, and obviously in the circumstances we can't really renew it. I'm not sure that allows the time or the opportunity to nurse him back, and even if we can get him back playing well then, as good a thing as that'll be for him, it'll likely ultimately be for the benefit of another club.

I would love dyche to work his magic and make this work. Doucoure is playing better than I'd ever have thought, but I still ultimately think he's a weak link in the first team and hope this contract renewal is for him to have a squad role in the long run.

If we can get dele to 75% of what he was, he's a massive upgrade. Of course, the ridiculous deal with Tottenham is a factor to sort out, as well as his fitness and overall mental recovery. So it's probably a long shot. But one can dream.

We are going to have to find some money from somewhere next summer as we could be in a situation where we end up with about 14/15 players.

And thats why we're retaining Doucoure, and why we have to explore all options including Dele.

Even if it means sacrificing an Onana or a Branthwaite or both for the long term good of the squad, this is where having a proper recruitment plan comes into place. As for Dele he is here till the summer and if we can use him the great but I wouldn't be doing anything beyond that.

I think we'll see either of them two, or Pickford sold.

We also need to retain players who are capable of being fit and keeping us above 17th. I don't know if Dele is that, the club will need to know.

I don't think we need to sell for FFP anymore but clearly, we'll need to bring a few in. That dictates sales, unless 777/another buyer can inject some money in.

….that would be a huge risk, surely the club won’t be that daft. Not sure who would take a chance on him but we certainly shouldn’t.

We shouldn’t invest any more monies in him.

If the club are trying to negotiate the arrangement now, they must think he can contribute.

They must be thinking he can play over those 7 games before the first instalment is due.

Why would Everton pay anything for him to play over 7 games this season, when they can just let his contract lapse.

If the club are trying to negotiate the arrangement now, they must think he can contribute.

They must be thinking he can play over those 7 games before the first instalment is due.

Why would Everton pay anything for him to play over 7 games this season, when they can just let his contract lapse.

Have to ask ourselves, Do we need him ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back