2023/24 Dele

I found it very intriguing that in his press conference Dyche specifically mentioned Dele and his fitness when he wasn't really asked about him.

He normally completely ignores players that aren't in his plans.

I might be reading a little too much into it, but the vibe I got is that Dele is in his plans and that he is going to give him a chance to prove himself.

If Dele can get to 70% of what he was, then he will have a strong role to play in that N10 role.

Am I right in thinking it’s effectively 7 games before we pay anything extra, then 10M gets us up to 27 games out of him this season & then if he doesn’t play more than that it’s effectively up to us if we offer a new contract on our terms?

I found it very intriguing that in his press conference Dyche specifically mentioned Dele and his fitness when he wasn't really asked about him.

He normally completely ignores players that aren't in his plans.

I might be reading a little too much into it, but the vibe I got is that Dele is in his plans and that he is going to give him a chance to prove himself.

If Dele can get to 70% of what he was, then he will have a strong role to play in that N10 role.
I thought the same. Maybe he's making plans for no Iwobi and I would take a 70% Dele over Iwobi every day of the week
He completely turned the game coming on at half time against Palace when we were 2-0 down
Play like that consistently and he'd be great

Welcome aboard the Dele hype train lads and lasses.

200.gif

People expecting Dele to turn the clock back and get us 50 assists and 20 goals make me chuckle.

I'm not sure anyone thinks that. However, he'd be ideal for the role doucoure is currently playing. If he can his mind back on football and his recovery goes to plan, he'd be the best midfielder we'd have on a technical level.

It would be nice to have a player that is more technically gifted play that role. In some games everything stops when doucoure touches the ball.

I don't think he'll ever get back to the levels of his early spurs days, but to have an attacking midfielder that isn't just a battering ram is a tool we really need whether it's dele or someone else.