2023/24 Dele

I don’t feel there’s any way he did that interview exposing his past to the whole world if he didn’t genuinely want to come back and play for us this season and turn his life around but sadly it seems that the period of addiction and not looking after himself has had an impact on his body.

Terrible signing, should’ve never taken the risk as a club knowing now how close we were flying to ffp, but I won’t blame the lad himself knowing why he hasn’t performed, don’t wish that upbringing on anyone.

I weirdly still think it was a good idea.

It hasn't worked out, but he did keep us up with that 2nd half display against Palace so hasn't been a total waste.
Very weird if you still think that was a good idea.
Spectacularly bad decision.

Last edited:

Maybe he's better off back with Spurs & under Ange. I too hope it worked out but with our situation, there's neither the cash nor compassion that we can afford for him.

latest surgery is the the final nail in the coffin for his time here. Big Dele fan and was so hopeful he would prove successful here, but it just hasn’t happened. Will be for the best if we part ways in the summer.

I thought he said in the Summer interview he'd just had surgery? Is this just the same surgery and they decided to wait a swift 6 months to go for itt, or did he have it in the Summer and this is just to stop people asking in the presser.

He was 25 years old when he arrived. It was a calculated risk.
1706288660009.png