2023/24 Dele

Offering him a new contract doesn't make sense, unless it's like a 1 year deal on a relatively low wage for him to prove he can still be a good player at top flight level. That's if we don't get relegated of course.

This really. He's robbed us of too much anyhow, so if he is serious about wanting to try and get back to what he was then it should be a pay as you play deal.

That might make it worth our while seeing we could be under a transfer ban and even if not, I doubt we have the funds to get anyone else seeing we basically start paying for our strikers in the summer.

All that said another club will probably still somehow offer to pay him a wage and no way should we commit to even 15k a week based on the last couple of years. So he in all likelihood will be going.

This really. He's robbed us of too much anyhow, so if he is serious about wanting to try and get back to what he was then it should be a pay as you play deal.

That might make it worth our while seeing we could be under a transfer ban and even if not, I doubt we have the funds to get anyone else seeing we basically start paying for our strikers in the summer.

All that said another club will probably still somehow offer to pay him a wage and no way should we commit to even 15k a week based on the last couple of years. So he in all likelihood will be going.
I dont think pay as you play deals are likely any more. No agent will agree to that unless there is also a good base salary

I would still be surprised if we decide to offer an extension

I dont think pay as you play deals are likely any more. No agent will agree to that unless there is also a good base salary

I would still be surprised if we decide to offer an extension
I would be surprised if he gets anything else, at least in Europe (he might go to Saudi or something like that). A 1 yr deal to try an regain some value and then sign a bigger contract is probably his best chance to play in the Prem again, something like what Eriksen did at Brentford (yes, somewhat different circumstances since he had always been good when healthy, Dele has not)

Hmmm

I mean.. for me it would all depend on the terms of this 'new deal'. If the club had any sense whatsoever, then they would include clauses based on how available he would be to actually be picked (and no, I'm not talking about a 'pay as you play' deal.. I mean clauses based on appearances). If he was on a flat, say, £60-70k a week with additional 'bonuses' based on consecutive appearances then it could be worth it..

Levy will probably offer him a lifeline at Spurs where he will return to his previous best and score a hat trick and allow Levy to sell him for a profit at which point he'll do another nose dive.

Ev-ver-ton!

My guess is that any talk of a new deal wouldn't actually happen until late spring anyway. We'd need to actually still be in the Premier League if there was any chance of it happening anyway.

The closer we get to the end of the season, the easier it will be to renegotiate with Spurs on the terms of our deal with them. It's no longer a case where they can gamble and see if they can get money from the original deal. It's now a choice between potentially getting something and definitely getting nothing. I think that's been the choice for them for a long time now, but the injuries have just ensured it.

IF we could get a favourable deal with them and IF we could get him on very low basic wages (which is pretty likely tbf - his next deal with anyone isn't going to be anywhere near his current one) and IF we have some genuine reason to think he can get back to even 60% of his previous form then he could have some sort of role.

But all those three things 100% HAVE to happen for there to be any possibility.