2023/24 Dele

If we were to offer him a new deal, it would have to be short term (surely no more than 12 months) and on a massively reduced wage, with clauses based on appearances/goals/assists/whatever to trigger a more lucrative extension.

He needs to prove he can stay fit and maintain some form before we offer him anything like the contract he's currently on.

What will say is that most people (me included) would’ve thought it was a terrible idea if we offered Barkley the contract he got at Luton, and we’d have been wrong.

Similar kind of talent-gone-wrong but younger and arguably more talent. But Dele would need to be VERY flexible with his demands having been very well paid throughout the bad times.

If we signed Dele on a new deal we would have to pay Spurs a fee as part of the ending contract. Exactly the type of deal that has us hamstrung financially. Time to put that money towards a performed from the Championship.

If we signed Dele on a new deal we would have to pay Spurs a fee as part of the ending contract. Exactly the type of deal that has us hamstrung financially. Time to put that money towards a performed from the Championship.
It will depend on the terms of the deal we made to sign him. I dont think we know if we can extend him like a signing of a normal free agent without having to pay a fee

If we were to offer him a new deal, it would have to be short term (surely no more than 12 months) and on a massively reduced wage, with clauses based on appearances/goals/assists/whatever to trigger a more lucrative extension.

He needs to prove he can stay fit and maintain some form before we offer him anything like the contract he's currently on.
There should be a a no talk of retaining him past this season. It's staggered that people are still making arguments for it - he's finished!

Agree with this, but I think if we offer him a new deal we have to see him play before the end of the season, first.