Confirmed Signing Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makes perfect sense to me. We have been paying about 30 million for similar quality players in the past and making them highest paid earners for them to basically not even be interested in playing for us. Our whole policy had to change. Get rid of the over paid dead wood, replace with much cheaper with a better attitude and reliable squad depth and save the big bucks for some marquee signings that can take us up a level.

Demarai Gray and Andros Townsend for 1.5m.

In the past weve paid a fortune for similar players in Iwobi, Bolasie, Walcott etc.

Yeah but two wrongs don’t make a right. Yeah we’ve spent fortunes on crap but how spending peanuts on more crap is beneficial to us is beyond me. Unless we are all members of the board suddenly and not actual fans who want to see a good team developing.

So we spent all of last season moaning that we had no depth in the squad and injuries were crippling us. Now we’re moaning that we are signing squad players so that injuries might not cripple us so much next season. Sounds about right. These lads are not starting next season. We need depth, and not Bernard sitting there on £130,000 a week. This is a pretty sensible move.

Makes perfect sense to me. We have been paying about 30 million for similar quality players in the past and making them highest paid earners for them to basically not even be interested in playing for us. Our whole policy had to change. Get rid of the over paid dead wood, replace with much cheaper with a better attitude and reliable squad depth and save the big bucks for some marquee signings that can take us up a level.
What if these are the marquee signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back