Confirmed Signing Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, on Townsend, he was a player I casually mentioned watching a game involving CP in May that I've always thought he's looked a good player and wondered why he's never played for a 'big six' even as a squad player as he offers hard work, good technicality and a positive influence in the attacking third.

8 weeks later and here we are. Underwhelming if that's it for a right sided player, but utterly logical if he's being brought in to replace Bernards place in the squad.

Demarai Gray is a rough diamond, but at 25 he needs a coach to polish those edges quickly. At the price touted and as a squad option, seems high upside and not much down.

Again underwhelming, unless being added to take Walcott's place as a squad player.

Overall analysis, good squad rotational options with potential for more in Gray's case. But you would hope a Bailey, Diaby type is still in the offing as well.

Will judge when / if they sign and play.

Gray is a worthwhile gamble at 1.5 million. Never lived up to early promise but he's pacey and more physically built for the prem than Bernard.

Townsend just isn't exciting at all but he could end up in the Lennon type category who does better than expected. Most positive thing il give him right now is he's another lefty potentially in the squad.

Hahahahhahahaahhaahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha

Someone just put me out of my misery already.

Why are we going from one extreme of expensive crap players to another of cheap even crapper players?!?!

But it’s ok mate cause they cost nowt. Genius thinking

1626630888156.png

3 players in one swoop

Jesus Christ.

Andros Townsend.

Surely the warning signs are there for Gray? Didn’t he only leave in January, and they’re already not keen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back