Confirmed Signing Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you remember that a 32 year old Seamus Coleman provided the only semblance of pace and width last year, these two lads start to make a lot more sense as signings. We have zero wingers. Glad Bernard is off as he’s totally unsuited to this league, and if they can find a buyer for Iwobi theyve had a blinder.

Not sure how the club can be expected to sign an expensive winger given how the squad is laid out. James has a claim on the right side and no suitable bid has come in for him.
James would be moved central or one of the wingers would play that hybrid no. 10 role ALA Mirallas in Koeman’s first year. We need the extra pace.

So we spent all of last season moaning that we had no depth in the squad and injuries were crippling us. Now we’re moaning that we are signing squad players so that injuries might not cripple us so much next season. Sounds about right. These lads are not starting next season. We need depth, and not Bernard sitting there on £130,000 a week. This is a pretty sensible move.

Whats the point in signing any player who is not of any given standard?

Palace didn't want Townsend, and Leverkusen are letting Gray go for £1.5m. Hardly inspiring is it, we're not going to be bringing these lads on at 70 minutes to change a game now are we.

What. Is. The. Point.

There's no contradiction: it's up to Brands to flog players to get cash in. In thrt absence of that the club is getting Townsend and Gray.

All roads lead to Brands.
You want to blame Brands, yet.

When asked if he wanted Townsend to leave, Benitez told the Chronicle: "No. I was talking to him.

"When I was here he was a very good professional and did really well at that time.

"When he came here he had some injuries and maybe fans think about the time he wasn't playing.

"He was OK though, he was good for us.

"After that he had the chance to go and took that chance because he was very close to playing for England.

"He said: 'If I stay in the Premier League I'll have more chances'.

"So you have to understand that he is a professional and wanted to do well for his country.

"He left, but he was a good player."

And when asked if he tried to sign Townsend again the next season, Benitez said: "We were talking about names and he was one of them."

Palace didn't want Townsend, and Leverkusen are letting Gray go for £1.5m. Hardly inspiring is it, we're not going to be bringing these lads on at 70 minutes to change a game now are we.

What. Is. The. Point.
I think bringing them on at 70 to change a game is exactly what we’ll be doing with them.

What. Is. The. Point.
100% would rather go with a smaller squad if we can’t bring in quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back