Confirmed Signing Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
You want to blame Brands, yet.

When asked if he wanted Townsend to leave, Benitez told the Chronicle: "No. I was talking to him.

"When I was here he was a very good professional and did really well at that time.

"When he came here he had some injuries and maybe fans think about the time he wasn't playing.

"He was OK though, he was good for us.

"After that he had the chance to go and took that chance because he was very close to playing for England.

"He said: 'If I stay in the Premier League I'll have more chances'.

"So you have to understand that he is a professional and wanted to do well for his country.

"He left, but he was a good player."

And when asked if he tried to sign Townsend again the next season, Benitez said: "We were talking about names and he was one of them."
There no denying he is a benitez signing

Fair enough if we don’t sign a starting winger then there’s every right to fume come the end of the window. There’s literally no reason to fume at these players though. If we got rid of Bernard we literally have 2 players in these that produce more than him and cost literally half of his wages. Smart depth signings.

I swear everyone wants these flash 20 year old French players for £50m that no ones heard of but people need to realise that the squad is seriously lacking in depth while simultaneously being full of deadwood on massive money.

Replace the likes of Iwobi, Bernard, Davies Gomes, JJK, Keane, Delph, Tosun and Gylfi with players like this and we’ll still be in the same spot because they each provide nothing, however replacing the likes of those would slash the wage bill actually allowing us to bring in more quality players to start alongside Digne, DCL, Godfrey etc while having alright depth that don’t take up most of the wage bill, our highest earners should be the like of James, Pickford and DCL, the players that provide us with the most on the pitch, not players that don’t even play.

It’s very simple and if you’re either not understanding or intentionally overlooking it then you’re a bit of a fool. Wait and see until the end of the window and criticise then. Christ.

good little bargains all. Does show we're skint (like everyone else). Uncle Ben tried to warn us in his interview banging on more than once about 'restrictions', and he didn't mean social distancing. Well, here is the result.

No not in the slightest, it's a money saving exercise, Bernard's not a bad player, maybe not physical enough for the league, I'd rather have Bernard tbh.
You've said it right there. He's not physical enough. Bernards a cracking little player but not in this league. I fully expect him to be a success at his next club. Townsend and grey have the physicality. They are alot more capable of picking the ball up and driving us forward which is what we need. They are decent squad options especially for a combined fee of 1.5 mil.

Having thought about it, this is some smart business from Everton. Making deals to secure the Netflix series. NSNO

100% would rather go with a smaller squad if we can’t bring in quality

So the option is:

Keep Benard on high wages and have no cover for RW

Or

Sell Benard making a profit on the books which helps us FFP speaking and sign two cheap players on around the same wages combined giving cover at both LW & RW

Option 2 is what we are doing and is better.

So the option is:

Keep Benard on high wages and have no cover for RW

Or

Sell Benard making a profit on the books which helps us FFP speaking and sign two cheap players on around the same wages combined giving cover at both LW & RW

Option 2 is what we are doing and is better.
I take option 3 get rid of Bernard and hold fire until you can get quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back