Confirmed Signing Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decent options off the bench but based on us signing a top class RW. If it means Iwobi is starting matches or one of them pair then its a worry as all 3 aint good enough.

Gray at £1.5 million is decent but again should only be a bench player to bring on and cause trouble with his pace.
It depends on the system we play. But having Townsend, Gray, Richarlison, Kean (possible), James as wide options is good. I agree though, it feels we are missing a starter

Nah obviously much cheaper squad depth fillers that RB deems more reliable and a better attitude so we can get rid of some of the other over paid tossers.
Agree but surely that means one or two outs are all but confirmed

Again, for depth, you can’t have enough pace. We need to sign an actual winger though. I think they would both be useful backups.
Not sure how the club can be expected to sign an expensive winger given how the squad is laid out. James has a claim on the right side and no suitable bid has come in for him.

I’d rather play either of them on either wing than Bernard, Iwobi, Sigurdsson, James (play him centrally), Digne (play him left back), Coleman (past it sadly) so if we’re getting rid of two of the first three that’s not bad business and will surely be for cheaper in wages and help us fund a proper signing or two.
Our problem isn’t having the likes of Richarlison, James, Digne etc. on big money, it’s having crap back up players on six figures pw like Bernard!

The pairs combined wages will probably be the same as what Benards on alone who barely features.

From a squad perspective it makes sense as Benard will be off in the coming weeks.

The problem is Iwobi can not be a starting 11 player he needs punting and a Bailey/Zaha type coming in.

If we sign both players for a combined £1.5m and they are not on ridiculous wages, I think it's a smart bit of business.

We could complain about getting 2 players who bring us pace, width and experience at barely any expense, or because we have signed noone and we go with what we've got. Both of them walk in ahead of Bernard and Iwobi for me, so I have no problem with it.

James needs to be central or in his favoured free role with pace either side of him.
I agree! It just appears that isn’t how it will work in this system. He wanted to play “free” on the right side for Ancelotti. Not in the middle.

I honestly don’t think he would go very long without getting injured if he were in the middle being bullied by opposing CBs.

Agree but surely that means one or two outs are all but confirmed
Hopefully mate. Got to get some of these extortionately paid and give you practically nothing in return merchants off the books once and for all. Been plaguing us for years.

I think our club don't give a toss about us fans, buying crap players and appointing a manager that lots of people did not want and then waiting till all the season tickets were sold before announcing what they have done, hello championship.

The pairs combined wages will probably be the same as what Benards on alone who barely features.

From a squad perspective it makes sense as Benard will be off in the coming weeks.

The problem is Iwobi can not be a starting 11 player he needs punting and a Bailey/Zaha type coming in.
Don’t disagree at all but I guarantee you there is not a club in world football who wants to buy Iwobi.

Not a chance Zaha is coming here. Palace building a young exciting team.

I think our club don't give a toss about us fans, buying crap players and appointing a manager that lots of people did not want and then waiting till all the season tickets were sold before announcing what they have done, hello championship.
Come on. This squad will be nowhere near relegation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back