Confirmed Signing Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initial reaction, fuming, surely we have to be looking for better.

Since I've had time to calm down, wondering if its an approach to give us options off the bench and the big signings will come later in the window.

I remember Martinez first summer of Robles, Kone, Alcatraz and Del...and then boom Lukaku, Barry and Mccarthy on deadline day. Wonder if it's a similar approach.

gray and townsend being talked about as upgrades to what we already have is like comparing my clapped out car to my neighbours clapped out car, both are rubbish, one is slightly less rubbish.

And proven at Premier League level to be rubbish, too.

People talking about bargain signings - it can be done on a budget - Mahrez was brought to Leicester for half a million. But there is zero strategy here, and when you have whole sections of the fanbase who can be convinced that the years of watching Townsend be garbage everywhere can be forgotten on the altar of "squad depth", it shows how much of a basket case the club currently is.

Since I've had time to calm down, wondering if its an approach to give us options off the bench and the big signings will come later in the window.

I remember Martinez first summer of Robles, Kone, Alcatraz and Del...and then boom Lukaku, Barry and Mccarthy on deadline day. Wonder if it's a similar approach.

But those first signings caught up with us eventually as they were dreadful.

Its always easier getting the cheap signings done.

We'll still spend money just got to see how it pans out still a lot of twists and turns to go.

If Benard and one or two others go and we still bring in starting 11 quality RB, CM & RW it'll be a good window.

But those first signings caught up with us eventually as they were dreadful.

Mate we need a squad we had 2 GK and a bunch of kids on the bench at times last season. We cant afford to sign £30 million squad players and need to shift big earners like Benard off the books - if Gray takes his spot on half the wages its a positive.

I mean, on Townsend, he was a player I casually mentioned watching a game involving CP in May that I've always thought he's looked a good player and wondered why he's never played for a 'big six' even as a squad player as he offers hard work, good technicality and a positive influence in the attacking third.

8 weeks later and here we are. Underwhelming if that's it for a right sided player, but utterly logical if he's being brought in to replace Bernards place in the squad.

Demarai Gray is a rough diamond, but at 25 he needs a coach to polish those edges quickly. At the price touted and as a squad option, seems high upside and not much down.

Again underwhelming, unless being added to take Walcott's place as a squad player.

Overall analysis, good squad rotational options with potential for more in Gray's case. But you would hope a Bailey, Diaby type is still in the offing as well.
Jesus, mate.
This is rough diamond:

6e761ec924571ff02bcf8a852c521319.jpg

This is not:

poop-picture-id186825263

Mate we need a squad we had 2 GK and a bunch of kids on the bench at times last season. We cant afford to sign £30 million squad players and need to shift big earners like Benard off the books - if Gray takes his spot on half the wages its a positive.
Explain Townsend mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back