2021/22 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor spell of form but I think he's the type of player we have to try and improve. He's got ability but needs some decent coaching and tbh he probably needs better players around him too.
He’s 25/26 i think decent coaching?? He had Brendan Rodgers at Leicester probably one of the best in the premier league ?, I don’t think there’s much hope improving him like there’s much hope of improving dele Ali. Hasn’t worked with other managers and won’t with us. It’s a players mindset that’s the problem. Think they are better than they are.

He’s 25/26 i think decent coaching?? He had Brendan Rodgers at Leicester probably one of the best in the premier league ?, I don’t think there’s much hope improving him like there’s much hope of improving dele Ali. Hasn’t worked with other managers and won’t with us. It’s a players mindset that’s the problem. Think they are better than they are.
Think all those years they spend in the Academy's might not help,

Real confidence player and he doesn't have much at the moment. Time for him to be dropped and look for another solution. If DCL is still injured Rondon up top with Richy left for me, otherwise give El Ghazi a chance.

Literally give El ghazi a chance instead of Gray. He did absolutely nothing yesterday. His decision making is absolutely atrocious. Loads of ability but hasn’t got a football brain, takes far to many touches for my liking as well.
Literally this! Nailed it. Exactly the same with us and where ever he’s been.

How many times does he ignore the run of Mykolenko, who actually looks like he might put a decent ball into the box given the chance.
Rondon in ahead of him now please, he’s had enough chances.

How many times does he ignore the run of Mykolenko, who actually looks like he might put a decent ball into the box given the chance.
Rondon in ahead of him now please, he’s had enough chances.

He is so easy to read if he isn't playing a free role in a counter attacking team.

Sit on the wing offering no defensive cover, get the ball from anyone, ignore the overlapping runner who is unmarked and in a good position to cross, cut inside, try go past 3 men, and shoot right at the keeper.

I would love playing against him as a defender in the second scenario, in the first one where he was a success in the first part of the season I would hate to face his pace and unpredictability - but that doesn't fit into our (and what looks like a lot of other sides) way of play.

Status
Not open for further replies.