2021/22 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think he's the least of our worries.

Any player who disappears to often is a worry. In fact i feel bar maybe 3 players. i dont think the least of our worries comment can be attributed to any Everton player.
For me we need a wide player who provides far more crosses than Gray currently does. We are vastly reducing calvert lewins strength by not do it.

Any player who disappears to often is a worry. In fact i feel bar maybe 3 players. i dont think the least of our worries comment can be attributed to any Everton player.
For me we need a wide player who provides far more crosses than Gray currently does. We are vastly reducing calvert lewins strength by not do it.
Yes he’s a one trick pony cuts inside shoots doesn’t hit the target enough but with they method will chip in with a few goals but as you say needs to work on getting the ball in the box more annoys me watching him do the same thing but you spend that kind of money you get what you pay for.

Yes he’s a one trick pony cuts inside shoots doesn’t hit the target enough but with they method will chip in with a few goals but as you say needs to work on getting the ball in the box more annoys me watching him do the same thing but you spend that kind of money you get what you pay for.

All true. He's technically one of the better players at the club. I loved his goal at leeds last season. Quick feet. But he's very very frustrating and if we could find a wide player who provided better service i'd go down that road.

Never really thought about this in the way described. Quite chastening.

My problem is I'm glass half full.

Yes we lost Siggy - but I loathed his tackling, work rate and general demeanor.
Loved James left foot, how often did he play?
Rico, loved his 2nd half to last season. Goes with credit,
Digne off the boil (maybe cause of FSW) and then went.

So yes, without a doubt what you say is correct. We've lost some potential class players... but how much of that really made a difference to staying up? Only Rico (though you'd be right to ask, "could we have been in that position with better players?"). Which is all coulda woulda shoulda etc.

In real terms now, having Gray, Gordon, Myko, Iwobi all maturing together and starting to contribute goals, compared to 'then', then the gaps we need are a fit again DCL + 1 CMF.

I guess my point is we're gonna have to develop what we have to improve our team and not buy in like for like for what's gone.
Its not like I think Siggi, James, Richie, Digne didn’t have flaws or were the perfect players, they weren’t. But you need quality in the final third from open play and also set pieces. They had quality in the final pass, delivery, set pieces, finishing, composure.

Those four players season on season (one season in James case) were massively relied on for big chances created, assists, goals. We didn’t have anyone else in the team really chipping in.

We’ve gutted them out the team and like you say replaced with Townsend, Myko, Gray, Gordon/Iwobi. Just look at the drop off in quality there - these guys aren’t close to what we’ve moved on. Last season, barely scored or threatened from a set piece and were right down the bottom of the league for all the attacking, chance creation, xg etc stats.

You can’t coach quality - that’s what wins you games and we’ve shipped the little we had out the door.

Its not like I think Siggi, James, Richie, Digne didn’t have flaws or were the perfect players, they weren’t. But you need quality in the final third from open play and also set pieces. They had quality in the final pass, delivery, set pieces, finishing, composure.

Those four players season on season (one season in James case) were massively relied on for big chances created, assists, goals. We didn’t have anyone else in the team really chipping in.

We’ve gutted them out the team and like you say replaced with Townsend, Myko, Gray, Gordon/Iwobi. Just look at the drop off in quality there - these guys aren’t close to what we’ve moved on. Last season, barely scored or threatened from a set piece and were right down the bottom of the league for all the attacking, chance creation, xg etc stats.

You can’t coach quality - that’s what wins you games and we’ve shipped the little we had out the door.
Exactly mate not having digne sig and James all contributed to us being in a relegation battle Richy helped keep us up with crucial goals now he’s gone it’s looking really grim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.