2023/24 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gray scored 12% of our league goals last year. Dyche doesn’t fancy him and wants him out. We won’t get better than Gray in our budget or at his cost.

I’d rather Dyche go first.
We just have in Harrison

Gray last 2 seasons - 12 goals, 6 assists in 75 games

Harrison in same period - 16 goals, 12 assists in 78 games

We just have in Harrison

Gray last 2 seasons - 12 goals, 6 assists in 75 games

Harrison in same period - 16 goals, 12 assists in 78 games

What is the wage differences? How many starts did Harrison have and minutes v Gray. His stats aren’t much better either and Harrison is injured on loan and unproved at Everton.

I also wonder how important Harrison’s goals scored were, for example v Gray Arsenal at home, city away etc were huge goals.

Gray is cost effective decent squad player.

What is the wage differences? How many starts did Harrison have and minutes v Gray. His stats aren’t much better either and Harrison is injured on loan and unproved at Everton.

I also wonder how important Harrison’s goals scored were, for example v Gray Arsenal at home, city away etc were huge goals.

Gray’s on £25k according to Spotrac, Harrison signed a new deal with Leeds which took him to £50K

Between Jan 18th (when they beat Cardiff in the cup) and the end of the season, Harrison only started on the bench once, in the defeat to Fulham on Feb 28th. Gray in the same period started just 9 times

Harrison scored vital goals in 3 games out of a four game period, the equaliser against Brighton, the opener in the win at Wolves and the equaliser in the win over Forest, Gray only scored the once, the opener at Forest

You’re making it far more difficult than it needs to be. We need money to improve the squad and add goals to the team. Harrison on loan replaces grays output, the profit from selling gray we can add to the squad making it stronger.

Gray for Harrison is a good swap, gray for Harrison on a loan and another attacking player capable of adding goals and assists is a great deal. And exactly what we should be doing if we’re going to improve and not risk being relegated

Are you his dad?

Gray’s on £25k according to Spotrac, Harrison signed a new deal with Leeds which took him to £50K

Between Jan 18th (when they beat Cardiff in the cup) and the end of the season, Harrison only started on the bench once, in the defeat to Fulham on Feb 28th. Gray in the same period started just 9 times

Harrison scored vital goals in 3 games out of a four game period, the equaliser against Brighton, the opener in the win at Wolves and the equaliser in the win over Forest, Gray only scored the once, the opener at Forest

If we shift Gray out, use the money to get someone decent in and have Harrison as a decent squad player then it’s win win 👌🏻

Well Harrison scored a goal that kept Leeds in the Prem for starters.

Gray is crap and needed replacing.

Gray scored 12% of our goals you say?
Harrison has 25% more goals, 100% more assists compared to Gray but his stats aren’t much better? 🤷🏻‍♂️
Tbh I don’t actually mind Gray but we really ought to be aspiring for better.

Last edited:

Demarai Gray is into the last year of his contract, there is no point looking at what he was earning but instead we would need to consider what he would need to earn to get him to sign a new contract.

My guess is the club felt it was not worth the extra outlay for a squad player.

Gray scored 12% of our goals you say?
Harrison has 25% more goals, 100% more assists compared to Gray but his stats aren’t much better? 🤷🏻‍♂️
Tbh I don’t actually mind Gray but we really ought to be aspiring for better.
He also had more starts and more minutes.

What’s goals and assists per minutes per player v importance of goals. V transfer fee and wages of Gray. A loan signing doesn’t really count either. As a full and proper replacement.

I don’t think Harrison is better than Gray.

If we paid 25 million for Harrison and double wages of Gray, when goals v minutes is similar then we are getting had off as usual.

He also had more starts and more minutes.

What’s goals and assists per minutes per player v importance of goals. V transfer fee and wages of Gray. A loan signing doesn’t really count either. As a full and proper replacement.

I don’t think Harrison is better than Gray.

If we paid 25 million for Harrison and double wages of Gray, when goals v minutes is similar then we are getting had off as usual.
We didnt pay 25m for Harrison mate, hes on loan.

So when we sell Gray for 12m, we replace his input for "free", whilst being 12m up.

Harrison has scored 21 goals and 16 assists in the PL across 8000 minutes of play.

Gray has 19 goals and 16 assists in the PL across 10000 minutes, and his goals and assists per minute has gotten worse over time not better. In the past two seasons with us he played for nearly 5000 minutes and only got 9 goals and 5 assists. In the same time period Harrison had 13 goals and 8 assists.

Pretty obvious who the more impactful player is.

Status
Not open for further replies.