2023/24 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not bothered he has gone tbh, he was probably going to bring very little this season. 10% magic and 90% inconsistent, frustrating, little effort and poor attitude. Dressing room will be stronger without him in it. A player who could have been so much better if he had a better attitude. Decent profit on him anyway, not that we will ever see any of it.

The issue for me is less the price but the fact that it will disappear.

That's the worry, we all know that it will.
Next summer they have to start payments on Beto, Chermitti
Harrison and Danjuma are loans, whether they stay or go we need money for replacements

They'll have to paint someone else as a rat just to cover the above and no doubt everyone will have collective amnesia about ever bidding for Gnonto

I honestly don’t care that we got rid of him. He turned up 2 or 3 times a season anyway and clearly dyche seen straight through him when he came in as he never started when he had a fully fit squad. It’s just typical Everton again we’ve got rid of an average player for decent money and we’re not going to spend a penny of it on the squad. The fee is going to be paying for the ffp fine we’ll probably get in October.

…I know I’m in a minority of one but I still have my doubts that ‘Dyche froze him out’, I’m more inclined to think the Manager has been told not to use Gray in any capacity.

Although he’d be a rare starter when everybody is fit, this still weakens the squad as I always thought he’s a useful type to introduce from the bench.

Why would that be?

He played Maupay knowing he was moving, why would Gray be different?

….my understanding is the Maupay and Iwobi deals were raised and concluded in days, whereas the approaches for Gray were from the start of the window.

Dyche selected Gray ahead of Maupay in the run-in, including the most critical last game. I don’t get that he ‘didn’t rate him’. its all conjecture on my part and their relationship might have soured, but I’m more inclined to think Dyche wanted to keep Gray, especially after Iwobi left and a replacement failed to arrive.

….my understanding is the Maupay and Iwobi deals were raised and concluded in days, whereas the approaches for Gray were from the start of the window.

Dyche selected Gray ahead of Maupay in the run-in, including the most critical last game. I don’t get that he ‘didn’t rate him’. its all conjecture on my part, but I’m more inclined to think Dyche wanted to keep Gray, especially after Iwobi left and a replacement failed to arrive.
If you think Transfers are made days in advance then I dont know what to tell you mate.

I really dont.

Dyche will have known people were interested in Maupay for months.

…I know I’m in a minority of one but I still have my doubts that ‘Dyche froze him out’, I’m more inclined to think the Manager has been told not to use Gray in any capacity.

Although he’d be a rare starter when everybody is fit, this still weakens the squad as I always thought he’s a useful type to introduce from the bench.
I don’t even think he was told by the club, he hasn’t appeared to be a Dyche player from the off.
He’s an attacker who doesn’t really score or assist and absolutely doesn’t defend. In another universe I think Dyche would use him as an impact sub, but I think I this one, Gray believes himself to be of greater value to a team.
Compare him to McNeil who does all of things Gray doesn’t (only better imho) plus he does Dyches dirty work.
Certainly don’t think he was frozen out by Dyche, and even his current absence has been painted as of his own choosing.

Status
Not open for further replies.