2023/24 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you think Transfers are made days in advance then I dont know what to tell you mate.

I really dont.

Dyche will have known people were interested in Maupay for months.

…I think some transfers are made in days, especially loan deals. I have no idea of early interest in Maupay or if Brentford had other targets and only Moved for him when they failed to materialise.

if you know they were after Maupay for months then that’s fair enough.

…I think some transfers are made in days, especially loan deals. I have no idea of early interest in Maupay or if Brentford had other targets and only Moved for him when they failed to materialise.

if you know they were after Maupay for months then that’s fair enough.
Widely reported that he nearly moved to Salad FC in Italy in January.

We sold Iwobi, Maupay and Gray this window, 2 of them played in games, 1 of them didnt.

I honestly see no reason why he would be told to not play 1 and not the other 2.

Its pretty clear Dyche and Gray fell out, I mean I dont recall Dyche calling Iwobi or Maupay out.

So yes, minority of 1, for a very good reason.

Widely reported that he nearly moved to Salad FC in Italy in January.

We sold Iwobi, Maupay and Gray this window, 2 of them played in games, 1 of them didnt.

I honestly see no reason why he would be told to not play 1 and not the other 2.

Its pretty clear Dyche and Gray fell out, I mean I dont recall Dyche calling Iwobi or Maupay out.

So yes, minority of 1, for a very good reason.
He never played Gray because he never trained after an extended break with playing for Jamaica during the summer so he wouldn’t have fit to play.

There are dozens of widely reported moves during transfer windows, some of them true a lot of them made up, it ‘s been widely reported Arsenal, Chelsea and Man. Unt, are interested in Onana throughout this year no offers have been made for him according to Everton FC, although Man. Unt, came close - - - they denied any interest in him according to one paper.

Don't blame him for wanting the move.

He isn't fancied by Dyche.
He'll get a massive pay increase.

I blame Everton for not moving him on earlier in the window, or sticking to their guns (he can't leave until a replacement comes in) and saying no we'd rather have the body until Jan than a poxy few million.

He's not the best player but he's had 30+ league appearences 2 seasons on the spin.

No way should we be selling him for that fee IMO. We should have did what Leeds did with Gnonto.

He never played Gray because he never trained after an extended break with playing for Jamaica during the summer so he wouldn’t have fit to play.

There are dozens of widely reported moves during transfer windows, some of them true a lot of them made up, it ‘s been widely reported Arsenal, Chelsea and Man. Unt, are interested in Onana throughout this year no offers have been made for him according to Everton FC, although Man. Unt, came close - - - they denied any interest in him according to one paper.
There are plenty of players who had the same schedule as Gray that have been playing.

Dyche didn’t want him, that’s obvious. Gray thought he had a move lined up and it fell through. His agent lined up another on the cheap and Everton told them to pound sand. Then he made his instagram post, the club ponied up and now he’s gone.

But there’s no nuance to Dyches feelings on Gray. When he played him it was only out of position. When he came back that was still clear and Gray poured his way to Saudi.

Don't blame him for wanting the move.

He isn't fancied by Dyche.
He'll get a massive pay increase.

I blame Everton for not moving him on earlier in the window, or sticking to their guns (he can't leave until a replacement comes in) and saying no we'd rather have the body until Jan than a poxy few million.

He's not the best player but he's had 30+ league appearences 2 seasons on the spin.

No way should we be selling him for that fee IMO. We should have did what Leeds did with Gnonto.

Yep.

Couldve got another body in

I think the reason the transfer has not happened yet is because we are playing hardball over the fee.

Gray is a low profile target compared to others and close to the end of his contract. His outburst last weekend was clearly aimed at pushing us into a transfer.

I think the Everton reply will be that a low fee will not tempt Everton to sell Demarai Gray because the squad is already threadbare.
If he is wanted then pay his value or else he will be integrated back into the squad which Gray needs to happen as much as Everton does.

I think the reason the transfer has not happened yet is because we are playing hardball over the fee.

Gray is a low profile target compared to others and close to the end of his contract. His outburst last weekend was clearly aimed at pushing us into a transfer.

I think the Everton reply will be that a low fee will not tempt Everton to sell Demarai Gray because the squad is already threadbare.
If he is wanted then pay his value or else he will be integrated back into the squad which Gray needs to happen as much as Everton does.
The majority of sources have said the deal is done mate, just a matter of Everton announcing it.

Shhhhh, they might offer us £10 instead of £10million

Status
Not open for further replies.