Transfer Rumour Denzel Dumfries

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think everyone should try to be as relaxed as possible about the signing. Initially when it was announced there was a lot of sentiment that he wasn't good enough. 2 games later and the sentiment is now he is too good.

My view initially was that he would be a smart signing at the right price. If he has a £13m release clause in his contract this is especially so and will mean the price will go higher. He looks a good athlete, carries the ball well and is deceptively good in the air. Alternatively he is a little limited on the ball.

If someone comes in to get him over us, I am hoping Brands has a 2nd/3rd option at a similar price point of a similar profile. We need to be far more flexible in our recruitment in that way, but at least a bit enthused Brands seems to be identifying the right sort of players.

I think Inter are skint, but I suppose if Hakimi goes he's a decent replacement.

I would still say we are in pole position but I'm not going to fall in love with a player on the back of two games.

Slight contradiction here:

Not sure you rate Dumfries yet because he hasn't played any decent teams.... but rate Max Aarons higher based on a good season in the championship? Square that circle if you would...

Austria and Ukraine, true, aren't gonna set the world alight. Also thought that Austria performance was the worst I've seen in the tournament so far. But nevertheless, Dumfries is playing senior international men's football in one of the premier tournaments on the planet and looking a step above the opposition when doing it (wasn't marking bad players either was he? some champions league-quality players in both Aust and Ukr) and stand-out player in a team that has star quality in places. Euros is always more physical and higher tempo, quite a good replication of the demands of the premier league in some respects.

I agree Zat that a players' ceiling should be set based on how they look against better teams but, still, no harm in being interested is there?

Ive seen Dumfries for PSV so was more a comment that others who had only watched the 2 euros games may want to wait till he plays a decent side before climbing on the Dumfries bus.

I think hes ok for the money but would prefer others.

The Philippines eh? Got a mate who emigrated out there (married a local). He's stuck in the sticks somewhere and constantly loses Internet connectivity or there's a power cut when he's watching the game. Other than that, he loves it out there.

Its a top place to base yourself, whether in a city or a remote island...you can find something for yourself.

Covid though obviously stopped overseas travel but also out here you werent supposed to travel within the country. I get itchy feet so its been a bit frustrating.

There will be a decision this evening by the president on whether we still need to wear faceshields -- very different to UK and other places...pretty strict out here.

Id rate Asia on the whole as a perfect location.

I think everyone should try to be as relaxed as possible about the signing. Initially when it was announced there was a lot of sentiment that he wasn't good enough. 2 games later and the sentiment is now he is too good.

My view initially was that he would be a smart signing at the right price. If he has a £13m release clause in his contract this is especially so and will mean the price will go higher. He looks a good athlete, carries the ball well and is deceptively good in the air. Alternatively he is a little limited on the ball.

If someone comes in to get him over us, I am hoping Brands has a 2nd/3rd option at a similar price point of a similar profile. We need to be far more flexible in our recruitment in that way, but at least a bit enthused Brands seems to be identifying the right sort of players.

I think Inter are skint, but I suppose if Hakimi goes he's a decent replacement.

I would still say we are in pole position but I'm not going to fall in love with a player on the back of two games.

£13mil is a decent fee even if he ends up being a squad option in a year or two.

Suppose it gives us extra funds to spend on other areas of the team instead of splashing out a bit more on Emerson/Aarons...

Denzel Dumfries’ eye-catching performances at Euro 2020 is attracting interest from Bayern Munich, according to Sky in Germany.

The Bundesliga champions are considering making a summer move for the Netherlands full-back, who has a £13m release clause in his PSVcontract.

Bayern do not want to trigger Dumfries buy-out clause, however, and will try to negotiate a cut-price deal to bring the 25-year-old to Munich.

Are they selling Pavard then?

Must be Some wet sheets in your house.

Whos bothered if we don't sign him. Hes had two decent games in a European tournament playing WB (when we need a RB). Before thats no one knew who he was.

People need to chill out, acting like hes Ronald and we've let him slip through our fingers or something.
Are you still chilling Ronald?

Status
Not open for further replies.