Transfer Rumour Denzel Dumfries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait a second Zat. You spend your days and nights watching Portuguese liga, French second division, South American leagues, and the erdivisie so you can provide your opinion on every u21 player in world football, but you’ve not watched a single game of the Euros?! You’re dead weird when it comes to footy.

lol im in the Philippines...weve had extremely strict pandemic conditions with multiple full lockdowns.

As soon as restrictions were lifted on 1st June i booked a trip to a small island.

No euros on here and i didnt bring a laptop ;)

There is no doubt he has ability, you don't play for Holland or captain PSV if you don't.

The main argument against him was he can't cross a ball high(!) Personally I've been a fan for a while, he is a great attacking wing-back and good right back but it's that but in-between, knowing when to go and stay, he need to work on.

I think alot in here will see when Holland come up against a stronger side. In a flat back four, he can be exposed in a 4-3-3 which Holland play.

I pray we have already agreed a move because if we have him for £15m that's a great deal and we are waiting until after the Euros but he certainly has put himself in the shop window.

...on here lol

Ive not watched any euros games...from posters here hasnt he been playing RWB against 2 terrible teams lol

He may have dramatically improved but not a starter for a top 4 or top 6 side from what i had seen.

£13mil is ok as a stopgap for 1 or 2 seasons.

Youre talking about him as a full back but hasnt he played wing back against 2 awful sides -- thats what youre talking about when you mention euros.

Watch what happens when he plays a top side. Then you will have a clearer opinion on him.

Correct. £13mil is fine really for a stopgap.

If we had the money then Aarons or Emerson seem to be fsr superior imo.

Slight contradiction here:

Not sure you rate Dumfries yet because he hasn't played any decent teams.... but rate Max Aarons higher based on a good season in the championship? Square that circle if you would...

Austria and Ukraine, true, aren't gonna set the world alight. Also thought that Austria performance was the worst I've seen in the tournament so far. But nevertheless, Dumfries is playing senior international men's football in one of the premier tournaments on the planet and looking a step above the opposition when doing it (wasn't marking bad players either was he? some champions league-quality players in both Aust and Ukr) and stand-out player in a team that has star quality in places. Euros is always more physical and higher tempo, quite a good replication of the demands of the premier league in some respects.

I agree Zat that a players' ceiling should be set based on how they look against better teams but, still, no harm in being interested is there?

There is no doubt he has ability, you don't play for Holland or captain PSV if you don't.

The main argument against him was he can't cross a ball high(!) Personally I've been a fan for a while, he is a great attacking wing-back and good right back but it's that but in-between, knowing when to go and stay, he need to work on.

I think alot in here will see when Holland come up against a stronger side. In a flat back four, he can be exposed in a 4-3-3 which Holland play.

I pray we have already agreed a move because if we have him for £15m that's a great deal and we are waiting until after the Euros but he certainly has put himself in the shop window.
This just feels like the kind of thing we never do

Denzel Dumfries’ eye-catching performances at Euro 2020 is attracting interest from Bayern Munich, according to Sky in Germany.

The Bundesliga champions are considering making a summer move for the Netherlands full-back, who has a £13m release clause in his PSVcontract.

Bayern do not want to trigger Dumfries buy-out clause, however, and will try to negotiate a cut-price deal to bring the 25-year-old to Munich.

lol im in the Philippines...weve had extremely strict pandemic conditions with multiple full lockdowns.

As soon as restrictions were lifted on 1st June i booked a trip to a small island.

No euros on here and i didnt bring a laptop ;)
The Philippines eh? Got a mate who emigrated out there (married a local). He's stuck in the sticks somewhere and constantly loses Internet connectivity or there's a power cut when he's watching the game. Other than that, he loves it out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.