Transfer Rumour Denzel Dumfries

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were 2 or 3 Eggs. McCole and Connor I recall wanted him. But the overwhelming majority were against. These are all from the first day of the thread.

Amazing what a couple of decent tournament games can do for a players reputation. lol
That's my first ever vaulting.

I regret nothing!

How you can read that I'm against signing him from "he looks like Sidibe " is beyond me Fred.
I reiterate that he is a good attacking full/wing back.
Because of his pace and power he is a better option than Coleman who unfortunately is very much at the tail end of his career.
However defensively he is not the best.
Whether I would want to sign him depends on how we are intending to play.
Alexander -Arnold is wonderful going forward but can't defend.
Wan Bissaka the opposite.
You have to decide how you are going to play and what your priorities are.
It also depends what your budget is for a full / wing back.
Ha ha. fair enough. I was going from my own opinion of Sidibe which was pretty low. So when you say reminds me of Sidibe, I read that as he's a bit crap really. If you thought Sidibe was decent then fair play.

There were 2 or 3 Eggs. McCole and Connor I recall wanted him. But the overwhelming majority were against. These are all from the first day of the thread.

Amazing what a couple of decent tournament games can do for a players reputation. lol
He’d fit in perfectly hear, one week Coleman should be retired, next week man of match and everyone gushing over him.
Same with every single player we have.
DCL has gone from a championship player to people linking him to Utd, all in one season.

Ha ha. fair enough. I was going from my own opinion of Sidibe which was pretty low. So when you say reminds me of Sidibe, I read that as he's a bit crap really. If you thought Sidibe was decent then fair play.
Sorry to sound like a long playing record but I thought Sidibe was decent enough going forward but defensively was caught out of position a lot.
Sid couldn't have been that bad to make the French squad that won the World Cup.
Can you buy a better full back ? Of course , but depends how much you want to spend.
Would I play him in a back 4 in the Prem ? Probably not
As a wing back , yes maybe.
To be honest DD might be slightly better going forwards but it will very interesting to see him tested defensively against a decent side.

FFS will people read my posts.

I'm not vaulting you or criticising your post. Just pointing out to Eggs that most people were against signing him when this thread was first set up.
Will no one ever vault me? I'm literally never right about anything!

I still haven't seen him play a game yet. I will wait until he has stunk out Goodison until I form my real opinion on him.

Im being vaulted for saying I want him to be good if we sign him, that I havent seen him play and that Im worried about how a player still playing in Holland at 25 will be able to walk into our team?

Thats a weak vault mate. Like, waste of time weak. My point is valid and i stand by it.

Edit:
I see Ive been poisoned by hanging on GOT as its been explained it wasnt a vault. Id like to point out that i wasnt against signing this guy either.

Playing far too well at the Euros to come to Everton. Ffs looks a decent player.

People on here who are like 'oh he's not technical enough', 'but he can't stick a 50 yard diag on a sixpence', 'He only scores or assists 5 a season' blah blah

Full backs are supposed to physical, athletic, get forward and back first and foremost. The rest is just 5 yard passes, being good in the air and crossing. Yeah some full backs can stick 50 yard diags and take free-kicks, but they are worldies and we need to manage expectations.

This lad looks like he's got the package to be a prem player to me.
Absolutely correct; we can't attract him anymore.

I havent watched him at all other than that video. And that video, he looked pretty poor. Really hope he isn't if we sign him. We are desperate for a rb.

No way we are signing him now...

Absolutely correct; we can't attract him anymore.

Not to worry because he won't be coming.

He will have better offers than Everton.

Must be Some wet sheets in your house.

Whos bothered if we don't sign him. Hes had two decent games in a European tournament playing WB (when we need a RB). Before thats no one knew who he was.

People need to chill out, acting like hes Ronald and we've let him slip through our fingers or something.

Must be Some wet sheets in your house.

Whos bothered if we don't sign him. Hes had two decent games in a European tournament playing WB (when we need a RB). Before thats no one knew who he was.

People need to chill out, acting like hes Ronald and we've let him slip through our fingers or something.
Ronald? Friend of yours?

...on here lol

He's scored against Austria and the Ukraine. Bit early for the vault.

Ive not watched any euros games...from posters here hasnt he been playing RWB against 2 terrible teams lol

He may have dramatically improved but not a starter for a top 4 or top 6 side from what i had seen.

£13mil is ok as a stopgap for 1 or 2 seasons.

Playing far too well at the Euros to come to Everton. Ffs looks a decent player.

People on here who are like 'oh he's not technical enough', 'but he can't stick a 50 yard diag on a sixpence', 'He only scores or assists 5 a season' blah blah

Full backs are supposed to physical, athletic, get forward and back first and foremost. The rest is just 5 yard passes, being good in the air and crossing. Yeah some full backs can stick 50 yard diags and take free-kicks, but they are worldies and we need to manage expectations.

This lad looks like he's got the package to be a prem player to me.

Youre talking about him as a full back but hasnt he played wing back against 2 awful sides -- thats what youre talking about when you mention euros.

Watch what happens when he plays a top side. Then you will have a clearer opinion on him.

How you can read that I'm against signing him from "he looks like Sidibe " is beyond me Fred.
I reiterate that he is a good attacking full/wing back.
Because of his pace and power he is a better option than Coleman who unfortunately is very much at the tail end of his career.
However defensively he is not the best.
Whether I would want to sign him depends on how we are intending to play.
Alexander -Arnold is wonderful going forward but can't defend.
Wan Bissaka the opposite.
You have to decide how you are going to play and what your priorities are.
It also depends what your budget is for a full / wing back.

Correct. £13mil is fine really for a stopgap.

If we had the money then Aarons or Emerson seem to be fsr superior imo.

...on here lol

Ive not watched any euros games...from posters here hasnt he been playing RWB against 2 terrible teams lol

He may have dramatically improved but not a starter for a top 4 or top 6 side from what i had seen.

£13mil is ok as a stopgap for 1 or 2 seasons.

Youre talking about him as a full back but hasnt he played wing back against 2 awful sides -- thats what youre talking about when you mention euros.

Watch what happens when he plays a top side. Then you will have a clearer opinion on him.

Correct. £13mil is fine really for a stopgap.

If we had the money then Aarons or Emerson seem to be fsr superior imo.
Wait a second Zat. You spend your days and nights watching Portuguese liga, French second division, South American leagues, and the erdivisie so you can provide your opinion on every u21 player in world football, but you’ve not watched a single game of the Euros?! You’re dead weird when it comes to footy.

Status
Not open for further replies.