Transfer Rumour Denzel Dumfries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't defend so.... welcome to the booos

….outstanding bit of defending last night to prevent a goal. He’d be a nightmare to play against, any wide midfielders would hate tracking him back & he has outstanding athleticism & powers of recovery going the other way.

I’m wary of players who look good in summer international competitions but it’s encouraging we were linked before it started.

His Newcastle side were championship quality mate.

If he played open football they would gone right back doon

Yep, that's fair - think the point I'm making is that for his full backs to be playing high, he'd need to believe we are good enough to get away with it. We could argue all day about whether we actually *are* good enough.

Yep, that's fair - think the point I'm making is that for his full backs to be playing high, he'd need to believe we are good enough to get away with it. We could argue all day about whether we actually *are* good enough.

Dont think he plays too often with wide players so the full backs push forward and act as the width (although I think he'll look at the squad first before deciding what way to play).

Actually looking forward to seeing what he does here. Ancelotti's tactics towards the end of the season added to the empty stadiums/fake crowd noise burnt me out so just excited to see what potential changes he does to the side in addition to hopefully some fast pacey signings.

Dont think he plays too often with wide players so the full backs push forward and act as the width (although I think he'll look at the squad first before deciding what way to play).

Actually looking forward to seeing what he does here. Ancelotti's tactics towards the end of the season added to the empty stadiums/fake crowd noise burnt me out so just excited to see what potential changes he does to the side in addition to hopefully some fast pacey signings.

At Valencia, Liverpool, Real Madrid and Napoli he played almost exclusively a 4231, at Newcastle he switched from that to a 343/541

Not sure what he did at Inter or in China

At Valencia, Liverpool, Real Madrid and Napoli he played almost exclusively a 4231, at Newcastle he switched from that to a 343/541

Not sure what he did at Inter or in China

Hope he goes 4231 as personally think thats our best formation on paper along with the 433.

Have a nagging feeling though he'll go 343 / 352 and be more compact. Although ultimately providing he can coach this group of players / sign some pace so we have some threat on the counter attack thats enough for me.

I honestly dont believe Ancelotti coached us much last season we looked like strangers on the pitch.

….outstanding bit of defending last night to prevent a goal. He’d be a nightmare to play against, any wide midfielders would hate tracking him back & he has outstanding athleticism & powers of recovery going the other way.

I’m wary of players who look good in summer international competitions but it’s encouraging we were linked before it started.

He was playing almost like a winger/attacking midfielder though and spent more time forward than back.

He looks great. But could easily see the boo boys not liking him if he's basically a right footed Van Aanholt

I have championed him for a while and he does need to work on his defensive work but he is a very strong right wing back.

Mad how people don't see it

Status
Not open for further replies.