Derby build up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brennan

Player Valuation: £90m
While we wait for the match preview (FFS Chico), thought we could do with a thread to discuss the upcoming derby.

Both sides aren't going to be full strength on Tuesday. I'd imagine our lineup will be:

Howard
Stones Jagielka Distin Baines
Mirallas McCarthy Barry Pienaar
Osman
Lukaku

Leaving Coleman out for now but he's a possibility.

I'd guess Liverpool will line up with something like:

Mignolet
Flanagan Skrtel Toure Cissokho
Horrenderson Gerrard Coutinho
Suarez Sturridge Sterling​

Sakho might be back and would take Cissokho's place presumably.

Looking at those lineups i'd say we've got a good chance of getting something from the pit, both teams will have little firepower from the bench, with McGeady being probably our best chance of creating something late on, while they'll be relying on the likes of Moses and Aspas. If Martinez gets the players in the right frame of mind we can take three points from this fixture.

Last edited:
While we wait for the match preview (FFS Chico), thought we could do with a thread to discuss the upcoming derby.

Both sides are going to be far from full strength on Tuesday. I'd imagine our lineup will be:

Howard
Stones Jagielka Distin Baines
Mirallas McCarthy Barry Pienaar
Mirallas
Lukaku

Leaving Coleman out for now but he's a possibility.

I'd guess Liverpool will line up with something like:

Mignolet
Flanagan Skrtel Toure Cissokho
Horrenderson Gerrard Coutinho
Sterling Sturridge Suarez

Sakho might be back and would take Cissokho's place presumably.

Looking at those lineups i'd say we've got a good chance of getting something from the pit, the issue will be how we approach it. If Martinez gets the players in the right frame of mind we can take three points from this fixture.

We cloned him?

I'm going to allow myself the luxury of choosing one injured player who could come back in (fantasy with this cursed club like, but here goes)

Howard
Coleman Jagielka Distin Baines
McCarthy Mirallas
McGeady Osman Mirallas
Lukaku

I'm going to allow myself the luxury of choosing one injured player who could come back in (fantasy with this cursed club like, but here goes)

Howard
McCarthy Barry
McGeady Osman Mirallas
Lukaku

...fixed.

Howard
McCarthy Barry
Mirallas Osman Pienaar
Lukaku

Robles, Hibbert, Stones, Heitinga, McGeady, Naismith, McAleny

I'm still holding out hope that Barkley and Deulofeu will be involved in the match day squad.

Howard
McCarthy Barry
Mirallas Pienaar McGeady
Lukaku

Robles, Hibbert, Stones, Heitinga, Osman, Naismith, McAleny

Status
Not open for further replies.