Derby build up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's over and not as expected performance . I think Martinez has gone overboard on trying to make a statement . He's gambled on unfit players and I think he was very naive to play attacking football when the second goal went in . It's all good playing attacking when you are at 1-0 down but as soon as you go anymore you should really tighten up and get a foot on the game. His team selection was wrong. Pienaar looked ****ed so did Alcaraz. I would of preferred to play McGeady for 45 mins to get some fitness and some pace in the game and the bring pienaar on for the second half. I think we have all established stones is no right back. A more sensible option would have being to move him centre back and hibbert right back who we know can defend

Well it's over and not as expected performance . I think Martinez has gone overboard on trying to make a statement . He's gambled on unfit players and I think he was very naive to play attacking football when the second goal went in . It's all good playing attacking when you are at 1-0 down but as soon as you go anymore you should really tighten up and get a foot on the game. His team selection was wrong. Pienaar looked ****ed so did Alcaraz. I would of preferred to play McGeady for 45 mins to get some fitness and some pace in the game and the bring pienaar on for the second half. I think we have all established stones is no right back. A more sensible option would have being to move him centre back and hibbert right back who we know can defend
Piennar never plays well in the derby. You're right about tactics though, Martinez deserves stick for our suicidal tactics when we went 1-0 down, and also must be criticised for handing Jags shirt to some lookalike bloke who'd never played footy before. There are no positives to pull from what was our worst derby result in 32 years. How the manager and players respond on saturday will say a lot about how the rest of the season pans out.

Status
Not open for further replies.