did anyone see the protest

Status
Not open for further replies.

butler_boy

Player Valuation: £500k
Is a protest REALLY necessary?

It's all very well and good moaning about our overall situation, but I can't see how a protest will benefit anyone. The board already knows we're up the creek without a paddle, and they don't need to be constantly reminded, and more importantly neither do the players. All it does is fire up the fans about how poorly run our club is.

I remember when Rooney burst onto the scene and everyone was chuffed to bits that we finally had a lad capable of something in our team. All our worries of finance, and where our next win was coming from, went out the window and optimism finally returned. Many believed that was our chance, and Rooney's shot at becoming a club legend.

It should be the same today. Sure, we've just offloaded a few players but we have a fantastic talent in Ross Barkley, who's showing all the quality's of a future star. How is all this protesting nonsense going to affect him? Does anyone really think that a kid like him is going to want to be involved in this? No.

At the rate we're going, we'll either:
A. Cause the board to sell Barkley to balance the books, then claiming that the protests meant they 'had to do it'.
B. Force Barkley to hand in a transfer request to get out of such a negative environment.
C. Find a buyer, become the next Man City and forever lose talent like Barkley in the youth system due to us simply buying established players.

To be honest, I'm not happy with any one those options, and it still hurts seeing 'Wazza' banging them in for Utd, as no amount of money in the world compares to a local lad netting the winner for us (can't wait for Hibbo to do it). I don't know how I'd cope if Barkley and Rodwell were the ones setting him up! I'm not saying that we're a one-man-team, but does anyone really want to sell the 'young guns' to fund the purchase of Moyes' "Cahill formation V.2"?

In a nutshell, I really can't see any good coming from this protest. The fans need to prove to investors that we're the club to be buying, we're the club that will support the club as a whole through thick and thin, not that we mouth off at the board seemingly every time something doesn't go our way. Hopefully the players prove me wrong and use it to fire themselves up and knock a few past Given. We'll find out shortly.

we are called everton mate not the ross barkley show! I would sell him tomorrow if it meant financial security for EVERTON!!!!!

Last edited:
we are called everton knob-head not the ross barkley show! I would sell him tomorrow if it meant financial security for EVERTON!!!!!

Why dont we just sell Baines then lad and maybe Jags and Felliani as well to balance the books like?

I don't mind the protest BUT

- if it has any effect on the team I'll be fuming.

- I don't think it will make the slightest bit of difference.

Of course the protest is necessary,
There is too many blues fed up and pissed off with the lies and bull**** coming out of the club
I could give you a list of lies and promises we have had over the last 10 yrs,but i havent got all day,im getting ready to lend my support to fellow blues who are concerned about the running of our club.........see you at the march!!!!

It's all very well and good moaning about our overall situation, but I can't see how a protest will benefit anyone. The board already knows we're up the creek without a paddle, and they don't need to be constantly reminded, and more importantly neither do the players. All it does is fire up the fans about how poorly run our club is.

I remember when Rooney burst onto the scene and everyone was chuffed to bits that we finally had a lad capable of something in our team. All our worries of finance, and where our next win was coming from, went out the window and optimism finally returned. Many believed that was our chance, and Rooney's shot at becoming a club legend.

It should be the same today. Sure, we've just offloaded a few players but we have a fantastic talent in Ross Barkley, who's showing all the quality's of a future star. How is all this protesting nonsense going to affect him? Does anyone really think that a kid like him is going to want to be involved in this? No.

At the rate we're going, we'll either:
A. Cause the board to sell Barkley to balance the books, then claiming that the protests meant they 'had to do it'.
B. Force Barkley to hand in a transfer request to get out of such a negative environment.
C. Find a buyer, become the next Man City and forever lose talent like Barkley in the youth system due to us simply buying established players.

To be honest, I'm not happy with any one those options, and it still hurts seeing 'Wazza' banging them in for Utd, as no amount of money in the world compares to a local lad netting the winner for us (can't wait for Hibbo to do it). I don't know how I'd cope if Barkley and Rodwell were the ones setting him up! I'm not saying that we're a one-man-team, but does anyone really want to sell the 'young guns' to fund the purchase of Moyes' "Cahill formation V.2"?

In a nutshell, I really can't see any good coming from this protest. The fans need to prove to investors that we're the club to be buying, we're the club that will support the club as a whole through thick and thin, not that we mouth off at the board seemingly every time something doesn't go our way. Hopefully the players prove me wrong and use it to fire themselves up and knock a few past Given. We'll find out shortly.

in my eyes,i was gunna go..but im not because nothing is gunna change..its a waste of time.

J'Accuse

A protest seems completely necessary.....either that or sit by while this club sinks down the toilet.

Is right. We have been mismanaged for years and Everton fans are particularly loyal fans. It takes the spectacle of a Hedge Fund exploiting the club for their own financial benefit, selling off the family silver, for Everton fans to protest. We need to. Hatton is a PR guru who thinks ordinary scousers are idiots. I heard Lawrenson on Football Focus saying Everton have 2 choices: Bankruptcy or 'just to operate'.

NO. We are better than that and these media dullards wont prop up this rotten regime.

Status
Not open for further replies.