did anyone see the protest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not saying lets just field 11 of our youth team. But we've got Mustafi, Baxter, Velios, Garbutt, Joao Silva and obviously Barkley amongst others. If we haven't got a penny to spend then were going to find ourselves in a position next summer with players a year older and in desperate need of replacing. With no money to do that we'll be in deep trouble. Where if we started introducing more of our title winning youth team now we'd be in a better position in my opinion.

Mustafi = Distin/Jagielka
Baxter = Bit gash
Velios = Denis the Serial Killer
Garbutt = Baines
Joao Silva = Loan
Barkley = Plays

See its not quite as easy as just "sticking" in the young uns.

Distin will be 34 soon. Needs replacing. Jagielka's not as good as he was. Wouldn't have been arsed if he was sold in the summer tbh

Distin will be 34 soon. Needs replacing. Jagielka's not as good as he was. Wouldn't have been arsed if he was sold in the summer tbh

Well at the moment Distin is playing well, regardless of his age and Jagielka had 2 shaky moments in our 2 games this Season, hes still a quality player who gets International Call ups.

Selling him would have been a bad idea, just like selling Arteta was.

I think its clear we havent got any funds to buy new players, so im fairly sure the younger lads will get a chance over the Season, but to just chant blindly "Play the Youngsters" is pointless, there are quality players keeping them out of the side, they will have to wait their chance and when it comes its up to them to grab it with both hands, just like Barkley did.

I'm worried this march is gonna divide the fans cos if people who are against the protest kick off at people protesting there could be chaos, that fella will be crying again as well..

Well at the moment Distin is playing well, regardless of his age and Jagielka had 2 shaky moments in our 2 games this Season, hes still a quality player who gets International Call ups.

Selling him would have been a bad idea, just like selling Arteta was.

I think its clear we havent got any funds to buy new players, so im fairly sure the younger lads will get a chance over the Season, but to just chant blindly "Play the Youngsters" is pointless, there are quality players keeping them out of the side, they will have to wait their chance and when it comes its up to them to grab it with both hands, just like Barkley did.

You can only play them if there good enuf! there is no hiding place in the prem, every mistake is punished. If we jus blindly field youngsters then we will end up rooted at the foot of the league. of what i have seen so far only 2 of the players mentioned could play without having a detremental effect on our team! Gueye & Barkley

I don't think selling players is a bad idea when your finances are well and truly in the red. In fact when the only assets you have are on the pitch then they should be sold before the price you can get for those assets drops. Like Fellaini next summer when he doesn't sign a contract.

I think its necessary cos i think the chairman and board of directors are that cut off from us fans that they truely dont realise how frustrated we are about are current prediciment. No doubt they do know the **** were in but are they really doing anything serious about it?.

Regardless of whats gone on at other clubs that have been bought, but in the time that weve been "up for sale", how many clubs have been bought in that time?.

I think Portsmouth have been bought 2 or 3 times havent they, regardless of the way they've gone. People say it's are stadium that holds us back but look at the likes of Portsmouth and Q.P.R. in recent years, there stadiums are worse and Q.P.R. have some very wealthy owners and directors on there board.

I think cos we havent made noises at games or had banners up saying sack the board or done no protests, Kenwright and his crew think we must be content with whats going on and that we believe in time that they will sort it and that there not putting enough effort in to find investment when actually were all, or most of us are, annoyed to death that it seems like there just sat on there arse doing fcuk all!.

Hopefully this protest is going to make em stand up and think that us fans want more from em and they get there arses in to gear and properly start looking at selling and getting investment into our great club!. Something needs to happen and this protest for me is that something, we need to be heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.