Would you like Costa?

• Yes!

Votes: 561 84.1%
  • Noooo!

Votes: 106 15.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's nothing more than conjecture on your part though, Costa on loan improves us dramatically and it's therefore a no brainer

I'm not saying it's anything but conjecture, but it's still valid to have those thoughts right? It's not like I'm being an OOT conspiracy theorist here.

I agree with you completely - he's one of the best strikers on the planet; he'd improve any club he'd go to, and that includes the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid to be blunt. 25 games with him is better than 25 without, but I'd just have preferred us to go out and spend money on an actual signing that we could build a spine around for the next four years and get him integrated early, instead of a player who leaves in January and potentially guts the entire way we play as we enter the serious stages of cup competitions and the league.

Well, here was my response a few weeks ago.

It hasn't changed. He's so far ahead of the likes of Lukaku that it's silly, and on the surface I completely agree with you - you'd have to be braindead to be against it.

However... I'm worried about why it's happening when we've had time to do sensible long term business instead, and it brings me back to the concern that we don't have the money to spend without selling.

I was just thinking along the same lines mate.

Maybe the deal involves an unfit / injured Barkey going to Chelsea as part of it too, after the " reported " talks yesterday ?.

It would be great in the short term, but a bit of a weird one and as you say worrying at the same time.

They must've known well before any press release that Lukaku was off and then drew up a realistic list of replacements, as well as going all out for Siggy ?.

Last edited:

Makes no sense. He's been out in Brazil since the end of last season and has barely trained. He's at least 6 weeks away from been match ready. And then its gonna take him a bit longer to be fully match sharp. By the time he's up and running he'll be at Atletico.

Seriously we got the money, go buy a match ready striker right now.

Have we really though or has it all been spent? I'd rather get a permanent striker but if this is the best we can afford then I'm alright with it.

html_personalisation

I'm not saying it's anything but conjecture, but it's still valid to have those thoughts right? It's not like I'm being an OOT conspiracy theorist here.

I agree with you completely - he's one of the best strikers on the planet; he'd improve any club he'd go to, and that includes the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid to be blunt. 25 games with him is better than 25 without, but I'd just have preferred us to go out and spend money on an actual signing that we could build a spine around for the next four years and get him integrated early, instead of a player who leaves in January and potentially guts the entire way we play as we enter the serious stages of cup competitions and the league.
We wanted Giroud he blanked us

We fancied slimani he's off to Monaco

How were we going to pay for these lads like, magic beans?

The money isn't the issue imo it's who's available.

I'd much rather this stop gap than signing some nodder like Benteke for £50m in sheer desperation

I was just thinking along the same lines mate.

Maybe the deal involves an unfit / injured Barkey going to Chelsea as part of it too, after the " reported " talks yesterday ?.

It would be great in the short term, but a bit of a weird one and as you say worrying at the same time.

They must've known well before any press release that Lukaku was off and thrn drew up a realistic list of replacements, as well as going all out for Siggy ?.
I thought better of you than this, now I know you're a member of the gateacre conservative club...

Status
Not open for further replies.