Would you like Costa?

• Yes!

Votes: 561 84.1%
  • Noooo!

Votes: 106 15.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Costa is far better than anyone we could realisitcally aspire to sign. No brainer for me, even if its only 20 odd games.

Wouldn't discount the possibility of him coming here for a few months elevating our reputation / profile in the eyes of any prospective long term Rom replacements.

Also he'd be here for the derby.

Costa is far better than anyone we could realisitcally aspire to sign. No brainer for me, even if its only 20 odd games.

Wouldn't discount the possibility of him coming here for a few months elevating our reputation / profile in the eyes of any prospective long term Rom replacements.

Also he'd be here for the derby.

That's the annoying part for me, as I've said in a different thread, we've had months to look for a Lukaku replacement ever since he rejected the contract in March.

People don't want him lining up for us at Anfield, Old Trafford, away in Lyon and in the tricky cup matches we always seem to blow every year? Jesus Christ....
We go to old Trafford on September 17th. If we were to have Costa in doing a medical tomorrow (Aug 29th) and he sailed through it, he'd have 18 days to get match fit. Considering he hasn't done anything since stomping off in a huff from Chelski, there is zero chance of him getting match fit in 18 days. Absolutely zero. And his agent would advise him not to try, because any injury would cause him hassle with Atleti.

If we got him in on Aug 30th, following the hypothetical medical on the 29th, the earliest we could realistically expect him to be match-ready would be thirty days, and that would be pushing it. That means he'd be touch-and-go for October 1st against Burnley at Goodison - exactly the type of game where he'd get lumps kicked off him and probably retaliate. Straight red means a three match ban, so that's Brighton away, Arsenal at home and Leicester away he misses. He would come back for the 5th November game against Watford, but be eligible for the Lyon games before that.

Realistically, you're talking about having him for November and December, and HOPING he actually puts a shift in prior to leaving on January 1st.

We go to old Trafford on September 17th. If we were to have Costa in doing a medical tomorrow (Aug 29th) and he sailed through it, he'd have 18 days to get match fit. Considering he hasn't done anything since stomping off in a huff from Chelski, there is zero chance of him getting match fit in 18 days. Absolutely zero. And his agent would advise him not to try, because any injury would cause him hassle with Atleti.

If we got him in on Aug 30th, following the hypothetical medical on the 29th, the earliest we could realistically expect him to be match-ready would be thirty days, and that would be pushing it. That means he'd be touch-and-go for October 1st against Burnley at Goodison - exactly the type of game where he'd get lumps kicked off him and probably retaliate. Straight red means a three match ban, so that's Brighton away, Arsenal at home and Leicester away he misses. He would come back for the 5th November game against Watford, but be eligible for the Lyon games before that.

Realistically, you're talking about having him for November and December, and HOPING he actually puts a shift in prior to leaving on January 1st.

Weird train of thought... he would be on our bench within 14 days max IMO.

He's been training on his own in Brazil, of course he would be ready in some capacity to play at old trafford

Pffft fake, he has Diego Costa on the back of his shirt.

FFS
Double FFS, because the site won't allow you that many letters.

diego.jpg

It's got to be off. Unless it's a Dan Brown message about his fee.

I'm not saying that though? I'm saying I'm worried for the deeper reasons it's came about.

Tubey...remember my thread about 'taking Zlatan for a season'?...a frivolous thread on the face of it, but based on serious misgivings I had, even then, about how we would replace Lukaku. The fact is, you can't replace Lukaku like for like, because even if that player existed, it would be unlikely that he would come to Everton at this stage of our 'project'. So...if the opportunity arose to sign/loan a stopgap for a season or so,giving us time to work out the best way to replace Lukaku, we should explore the possibility. And Zlatan is now back at United for the second half of the season. Any 'stopgap' would need to be top class,and of course Costa fills that criteria as well as Zlatan. Costa might not even wish to set foot in this country until he moves to Spain in January, but its worth an enquiry, at least.
What is worrying about the striker situation is that RK is rightly saying he needs a striker, but unlike earlier in the window, we are no longer mentioned on the Sky transfer reports as if we are close to making a signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.