Would you like Costa?

• Yes!

Votes: 561 84.1%
  • Noooo!

Votes: 106 15.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure let's add an 8th new player to our starting line up and just as he's Geling with the other 7 new faces - we will let we will let him go and look for another

We go to old Trafford on September 17th. If we were to have Costa in doing a medical tomorrow (Aug 29th) and he sailed through it, he'd have 18 days to get match fit. Considering he hasn't done anything since stomping off in a huff from Chelski, there is zero chance of him getting match fit in 18 days. Absolutely zero. And his agent would advise him not to try, because any injury would cause him hassle with Atleti.

If we got him in on Aug 30th, following the hypothetical medical on the 29th, the earliest we could realistically expect him to be match-ready would be thirty days, and that would be pushing it. That means he'd be touch-and-go for October 1st against Burnley at Goodison - exactly the type of game where he'd get lumps kicked off him and probably retaliate. Straight red means a three match ban, so that's Brighton away, Arsenal at home and Leicester away he misses. He would come back for the 5th November game against Watford, but be eligible for the Lyon games before that.

Realistically, you're talking about having him for November and December, and HOPING he actually puts a shift in prior to leaving on January 1st.
Go to bed mate.

He's a horrible person, but I'd take him on a seasons loan without a moments hesitation, but I'd only take him till January if we couldn't get anybody else in.

To be pedantic, we'd be taking him on loan from Chelsea though.
Not really mate. Atletico could buy him and loan him to us until their embargo ends, so they can register him in January.

I would say no to this for 3 reasons.

1. He won't be match fit until October at least so will only have him for 3 months max.
2. Why would he be arsed playing for us when he knows he's going to his beloved Atletico in a couple of months. We all know what a cba Costa looks like.
3. Doubt very much whether Atletico would allow us to play him in the EL assuming that up ties him for the CL.

A committed Costa I would take in a heartbeat. Even on a 1 year loan. But 6 months?. Swerve.

Not really mate. Atletico could buy him and loan him to us until their embargo ends, so they can register him in January.

I would say no to this for 3 reasons.

1. He won't be match fit until October at least so will only have him for 3 months max.
2. Why would he be arsed playing for us when he knows he's going to his beloved Atletico in a couple of months. We all know what a cba Costa looks like.
3. Doubt very much whether Atletico would allow us to play him in the EL assuming that up ties him for the CL.

A committed Costa I would take in a heartbeat. Even on a 1 year loan. But 6 months?. Swerve.

Apparently Madrid cant loan him anyrate. Also,apparently, no cup tied stuff between EL and CL.

Committed? Yeah, fair point. Be fun for a few months, and you never know, might go on a run and score a bundle for funsies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back