Diniyar Bilyaletdinov - End of Term Report !

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Holy Trinity

Player Valuation: £10m
Bily has been the subject of some discussion throughout the season with some fans thinking he's great and others not so keen whilst others have adopted the wait and see and hope he turns out like Fellaini viewpoint.

My opinion of Bily is that he's has got a fantastic left foot (and yes I thought this even before sunday's goal of the season) and possesses real quality but needs to learn the basics of English football i.e. run, run and run some more. Yes he does remind me a bit of Kevin Sheedy in that he can produce from nothing and anyone who watched sheeds would remember that he didn't really like to get involved in the 'ugly' side of the game too often. In fact I think nowadays Sheeds would get stick from our supporters for having a look of dis-interest in some games and not trying hard enough which we all witnessed on a few ocassions.

Back to Bily now, I think that Moyes should be working on getting him to beat the fullback by gaining half a yard then put the delivery into the box. For the 'older' generation reading this , as Ric Holden used to do for Oldham when they had a little dabble in the early 90s. Holden was superb at creating half a yard and delivering superb crosses into the penalty area. Bily has so much quality that he'd pick out Cahill, Yakubu, Saha or even Hibbert !!

That goal on sunday coupled with his Manchester United strike just emphasises for me what quality he possesses. Teams at the 'top end' of the Premier league have this and we need this type of Xfactor player in our team. A player who can get you 3 points out of nothing as he did on Sunday. If we are to challenge for the Champions League spots next season as I believe we will then Bily could be our jewel in the crown as more teams will come down to Goodison and play 10 behind the ball. A player with that ability in his armoury can be the difference between Europa League and Champions League.

Bily has played constantly for 2 and a half years now and finished a full season in Russia before going straight into our season. Everybody knows how tough the Premier League is anyway even for english players when they move clubs so for 'Our Russian' to have scored 7 goals and 8 assists in his first season in my opinion ain't that bad.

I predict that Diniyar Bilyaletdinov will become a very important player for us next season once he has a full pre-season behind him. He has already shown his quality in flashes this season (and yes he could have had 14 goals with the chances he's missed including THAT MISS against the [Poor language removed]) and I am looking forward to him making a real impact next season as the blues march towards the Champions League (Does that praying thing that Pienaar does and points to Heaven) !!!

Anyway that's my opinion on Diniyar .....:D

I knew he was quality since watching one of his first games for us against AEK Athens. He had something like 3 or 4 assists from crosses or set pieces.

And that goal on Sunday: How the hell did he think to shoot that one time? Brilliant.

He scored some important goals for us too.

Bily will be a revelation next year.

Interesting that you say that about sheeds though as he used to drive me insane, never tracked back and half the time strolled around as if wearing slippers, it used to infuriate me that he would do this whilst wearing blue, but be like a man possessed when in green. I gave him a right earfull once when he was standing on the line in the g.s. goal, he looked as if to say "wtf do you mean", I may have called him a lazy something and pointed out that he had to try in blue as well, my view of him was altered irreversibly when he said he would use the euro's to get a move, then got injured , didn't play and had to come back. Despite his rep for free-kicks I'm fairly sure he didn't score 1 for about 3 years.

Bily will be a supertsar next season though.

I knew he was quality since watching one of his first games for us against AEK Athens. He had something like 3 or 4 assists from crosses or set pieces.

And that goal on Sunday: How the hell did he think to shoot that one time? Brilliant.

He scored some important goals for us too.

Totally agree Nephew !!

Bily will be a revelation next year.

Interesting that you say that about sheeds though as he used to drive me insane, never tracked back and half the time strolled around as if wearing slippers, it used to infuriate me that he would do this whilst wearing blue, but be like a man possessed when in green. I gave him a right earfull once when he was standing on the line in the g.s. goal, he looked as if to say "wtf do you mean", I may have called him a lazy something and pointed out that he had to try in blue as well, my view of him was altered irreversibly when he said he would use the euro's to get a move, then got injured , didn't play and had to come back. Despite his rep for free-kicks I'm fairly sure he didn't score 1 for about 3 years.

Bily will be a supertsar next season though.

Reidy , exactly. If it wasn't for his free kicks people would have wanted to string him up ! When he was on he was on though mate wasn't he ? However, I remember going to Arsenal in about 1991 and he give the ball away in their half and literally walked back, they broke and Alan Smith scored from the break ! I was screaming my head off at the lazy get !!

As for Bily , again totally agree mate.

He'll come good. I'll put it one way, he's come in, is not performing that well, but he doesn't look bad.

I also think he'd flourish in the position behind the striker that Cahill currently occupies. I realise he won't get the position permanently, but I'd like to see him at least tried there.

He has the potential to score a lot of goals as well. Maybe 10-15 a season from midfield.

Not sure he will ever be the "beat a man and deliver a cross" player you want him to be. He's more of a Pienaar than an out and out winger.

He'll come good. I'll put it one way, he's come in, is not performing that well, but he doesn't look bad.

I also think he'd flourish in the position behind the striker that Cahill currently occupies. I realise he won't get the position permanently, but I'd like to see him at least tried there.

He has the potential to score a lot of goals as well. Maybe 10-15 a season from midfield.

Not sure he will ever be the "beat a man and deliver a cross" player you want him to be. He's more of a Pienaar than an out and out winger.

Yeah I think he could play the Cahill role although a bit differently in terms of killer passes and obviously shots from outside the box. In terms of him beating a man just think that if he plays wide because he doesn't possess lightning pace just gaining a yard would give him the opportunity to deliver. I mean that's the ideal anyway.

billy has shown just a glimmer of the quality that I believe will make him one of the best midfielders in the PL. With a good rest and pre season I am positive we shall see billy come on leaps and bounds next season, the potential that we have in billy, Felliani, Victor Anichebe, Jack Rodwell, Dan Gosling, Seamus Coleman and shane Duffy (and other's jet to make a major break through watching eagerly waiting their chance). Added to the skill of the of the "old hands" of Arteta, Cahill, Jags, Howard, Baines and Neville with Jonny make a fantastic impact in his first season. Champions league is The minimum we should hope for, since the turn of the year only the top two have gained more points than us and we beat them, so we must hope Peinaar decides this is his home and the Yak finds his lucky elastic band or what ever it was that had him scoring 20 plus goals a season. lets start next season how we ended this one if not better and maybe we could cause the money men and the supposed "big clubs" a real upset. COYB

Last edited:

Hopefully commentators will be able to pronounce his name right too next season.

And another great post uncle. I still can't pos rep you though.

Good post mate. I definitely see why Moyes bought him, watch him for Moscow and he can run with a ball and take men on similar to the way Pienaar and dare I say it Fernandes can. Also with that little flash of brilliance in front of goal, if he can adjust to the pace of the premier league then we'll have a great midfield next season. Pienaar, right footed, cutting in from the left and Bily, left footed, cutting in from the right

People were too fickle when Jagielka arrived, Fellaini arrived and now Billy.

Bit of patience never hurt anyone particularly Moyes has used him relatively well when his form dropped off.

Then he scored and played well when he made cameos. Man U goal and the weekends one.

Glimmers of potential. Mirrors Fellaini in many ways.

billy has shown just a glimmer of the quality that I believe will make him one of the best midfielders in the PL. With a good rest and pre season I am positive we shall see billy come on leaps and bounds next season, the potential that we have in billy, Felliani, Victor Anichebe, Jack Rodwell, Dan Gosling, Seamus Coleman and shane Duffy (and other's jet to make a major break through watching eagerly waiting their chance). Added to the skill of the of the "old hands" of Arteta, Cahill, Jags, Howard, Baines and Neville with Jonny make a fantastic impact in his first season. Champions league is The minimum we should hope for, since the turn of the year only the top two have gained more points than us and we beat them, so we must hope Peinaar decides this is his home and the Yak finds his lucky elastic band or what ever it was that had him scoring 20 plus goals a season. lets start next season how we ended this one if not better and maybe we could cause the money men and the supposed "big clubs" a real upset. COYB

Here here The Wolf ..

Good post mate. I definitely see why Moyes bought him, watch him for Moscow and he can run with a ball and take men on similar to the way Pienaar and dare I say it Fernandes can. Also with that little flash of brilliance in front of goal, if he can adjust to the pace of the premier league then we'll have a great midfield next season. Pienaar, right footed, cutting in from the left and Bily, left footed, cutting in from the right

Yeah Baz, I keep looking at his Youtube videos for Locomotiv and he looks real quality. I think he's done well and the best thing is we know that there is more to come from him.

Ps.. Thanks for Good Post Comment..

Status
Not open for further replies.