Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Hi All, I have been off the forum for almost three months and had a hard time of things personally. But as with Everton in general, I'll always come back.

It's a pretty crap month for everyone regardless. The football doesn't help.

So just wanted to check in here and show some solidarity with those having a much tougher time than me.

In bad times and better times, this thread has always given me hope and encouragement.
I hope things begin to look brighter your way soon ☀️

Head is absolutely going tbh. Just find myself not caring about much at all, other than Everton which I’m caring too much about atm. As it’s so bad it’s getting to me far more than it should do. Just been 10th anniversary of my dads passing who was a massive Evertonian so is a tough time of year anyway but makes it that bit more difficult

Yes, we came back safely had an amazing trip but got back to the US and got sick here with the flu ? but at least it wasn’t Covid.
I have been watching people in the US and Europe continue to travel the past two years, while we have been locked down forever over here. How they are not catching Covid during their travels is beyond me.

South America is/was on my to do list. Plenty of Colombians here in Australia that I have met. Unfortunately, it would appear I have met the neurotic ones ;)

Who knows when that will ever happen in these crazy times. I'll take being able to get back my apartment in Greece and catch an Everton match at Goodison in 2023 in a heartbeat.

Head is absolutely going tbh. Just find myself not caring about much at all, other than Everton which I’m caring too much about atm. As it’s so bad it’s getting to me far more than it should do. Just been 10th anniversary of my dads passing who was a massive Evertonian so is a tough time of year anyway but makes it that bit more difficult
Mate, may I recommend less giving a #$%^ about Everton and focus of stuff like long daily walks if you can't do daily exercise. One day at a time. Work towards a fitness goal. It will help.

Sorry to hear this @Joel Brookes.
You say you’re not caring about much.
Any reason in particular. Is it this pandemic, feeling isolated or something more than just having a bad patch?
I understand the anniversary of your dad’s passing isn’t helping but it seems if I read correctly, that is compounding your situation not the reason for it.
Do you have anyone around you that you can talk with and explain how you’re feeling.
If not, an appointment with your doctor might be the way to go.
In the meantime, keep posting here, if it helps.
Take care mate ?

We are all in this together mate, the good and the bad. The main thing is that we just keep speaking to one another. The springtime is almost upon us.

Sorry you are having a tough time at the moment. Please try not to care too much about the club, they are not worth the cost of your mental health. I’m repeating myself as I’ve posted this before but I’ll say it again the players don’t let a bad result ruin their weekend much less their life. Wishing you all the best.?

always talk mate it does help x

Sorry to hear this @Joel Brookes.
You say you’re not caring about much.
Any reason in particular. Is it this pandemic, feeling isolated or something more than just having a bad patch?
I understand the anniversary of your dad’s passing isn’t helping but it seems if I read correctly, that is compounding your situation not the reason for it.
Do you have anyone around you that you can talk with and explain how you’re feeling.
If not, an appointment with your doctor might be the way to go.
In the meantime, keep posting here, if it helps.
Take care mate ?
I post elsewhere but a bit of a lurker in here, think it may be the first one. Thank you, really appreciate it. I guess it’s just a bad patch, been plenty of them, so I should get through it like before?